Aloha!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Last REALLY Long One...

Whoooooop WHOOOOOP, put it in the bank! The last LONG ride, I mean really long ride, is done until Africa. It was the most amount of time I have ever sat my bottom on a little tiny seat and moved my legs around and around and around. Thankfully I had company...Ville, Gary, and Steph spun up to Hawi, over the Kohala;s, through some rain filled, wind filled town, into Waimea, along the upper hwy, and down into Kona. Ive done this loooooop, it just never took this long, Id like to thank the trade winds for that.

The day was gorgeous in every way. The beauty of the island never ceases to amaze me. I'm still very much sun struck all day long and star struck into the nights. Today's ride had me humbled, sometimes cocky, other times fully understanding that this world could swallow me and my dreams whole because it's just that big...yet today...I was lost in love with it all over again. And at one point I really lost-to a guard rail. In all of my awestruck, wind blown, blonde moments, me and my bike were cross wind blown off the road and caught like a glove by the guard rail. It did hurt, my neck feels whip lash pretty good tonight as I sit and type this...but it was another good day on the bike...

After that ride I only wanted to eat...instead I ran. Then I ate & iced. Tomorrow is my last long run pre-Africa. I'm so excited for it I bet I'll struggle sleeping tonight, the run or the Easter Bunny anyway will keep me up :)
.
MOST Happy Easter to everyone!
HUGS and love from Kona!!
Bree







11 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Good ride, i feel the wind.....amiga!!!
Come ON !!!!!!!! SA is cerca!!!!!
Last dias be feliz!!!!!!! heheheh
Thats Spanenglish !!!!!!!
One abrazo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!heheh
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

April 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Happy Easter! I hope you have a great run!

April 4, 2010 at 3:58 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Looks like a great block of training for you! good luck in Africa..can't wait to see the race pics!
-marn

April 4, 2010 at 7:41 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

HAPPY EASTER Bree! Glad you are ok from the crash - sore necks are a drag. Love to see your smile!

April 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Be careful with that wind, Bree.

Happy easter! Hope you got to chase down Kainoa on some easter egg hunts.

April 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

It's getting so close now! Hope you had a happy Easter and an AWESOME long run to cap off your final BIG PUSH!!!

April 5, 2010 at 2:54 AM

 
Blogger IAN said...

Glad to see you rode the bike with antlers. I have good feelings about SA. Rock it BREEEZZZEERRRR!!!

April 5, 2010 at 6:35 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer Harrison said...

Stopped by to say HI! ENJOY your soon to be taper for SA....awesome job on your training and glad you are enjoying things as usual!!!

April 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Great ride...crazy weather and all! Get that neck taken care of! Taper time!!!!

tn

April 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM

 
Blogger hilomike said...

GO CHICA de la BIG ISLE! YOU ROCK WOMAN!

April 5, 2010 at 7:21 PM

 
Blogger margaret said...

ALOHA BREE:

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL.....
WE NEED TO ESTABLISH A SEPARATE BIKE PATH ALONG THE KOHALA MOUNTAIN ROAD..AND THESE OTHER LOOP ROADS..

WE SHOULD NAME A BIKE PATH AFTER YOU:
BREE'S WEE.

TAKE GOOD CARE. Margaret (margaretwille.com)

April 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home