Aloha!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ridiculously Happy...

From across the parking lot the home girls were spotted and I took off running! I was ridiculously happy to be back home, about to jump in the ocean and swim far out to sea with 2 of my favorite friends! The ocean soothed my sights the way it always does and swimming above the coral without that wetsuit felt nearly heroic...splishing, splashing, swimming the way I love-freely!

It was a day of pleasure filled shakas here, there, everywhere! Actually it was a day I had to be brilliantly happy for the girls, they both broke the news that tonight's sunset I'd be solo...of course every growing up girl reaches this point in her youth when the boys come into the picture and rob you of your friends...the girls both had dates tonight and I had none. All swim long we were giddy and smiley, them because they got to pick out dresses and get dolled up, me because I was happy for them. Of course this princess stills believes her fairy tale will get it's turn to happen, but today was their day and my story would have to wait...shake another shaka to them for that one.



Girls will be girls in our back yard, we ditched our swim suits once we got beyond the buoys and let bikini lines become optional, that's the way we roll in Hawaii...and we are ocean minded, I think its better for the sea to be free! Oh more happiness on the island...




I spent a lot of time in my most favorite solo thinking spots, just smiling about the little things, the simple things, the things that make me smile for no reason at all, sometimes just because they are the color blue or the words rhyme, or because a friend said it or it gave me butterflies. Being back home on the rock I got a lot of favorite spots to sit and do almost nothing at all. My mind did fill with triathlon for some of it, okay, a lot of it...2 races in the near future and training has begun again...easy this week...then back to business...
.
I also sat on a rug, at Kainoa's school during story time. I love being a mom. And of course I sat on a bike, my road bike, spinning along Queen K, recovery style. Then I went to the airport to pick up my tri-bike that missed one of my many flights the last 47 hours of travel. That bike is always a few flights behind me!


The sweet smell of plumerias reminded me I'm home and I got ridiculously happy all over again.







Between finding the optimal balance between recovering from a race, long travel adventures, getting back into my wana & papaya filled life, and looking towards whats next was a nice collision of what's to come and where I've been...living in the moment. More like wandering with purpose in the moment...It was definitely a good day, a ridiculously good day.

Good night from home.
Bree



12 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Congrats on a safe trip home! Your adventures upon your return look very exciting and relaxing at the same time!

April 30, 2010 at 2:22 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Cool shadow shot of you and your girls in the Charlie's Angels pose! Nice!

Have a great weekend and eat a papaya for me.

April 30, 2010 at 2:29 AM

 
Blogger Christina Bhanos said...

hi. i read about you in the race recap from Ironman - great job on the swim and bike legs. sorry you had the issues you had with your running. next time you will get all 3!
love your blog and your way of expression...keep up the good work and keep loving life!

April 30, 2010 at 2:48 AM

 
Blogger Terrish B said...

Glad you are back in your happy place.... I miss is so much it hurts!!! Love ya!

April 30, 2010 at 3:00 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Love your outlook on life... Gorgeous pictures, that is a charmed place you get to live in and enjoy!

April 30, 2010 at 3:05 AM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

Welcome home! I am sure it was awesome to get a great big Kainoa hug when you got back! Fabulous photos. I need to get there sometime soon.

April 30, 2010 at 4:34 AM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

Aloha & welcome home Bree. You sound so great and Free. Love the Ocean images! Thanks for letting our minds wander....nice story telling!

April 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

My hubby read this post with me and he wants to say he LOVES your photos and your spirit. I do too, but then you know that. So glad to see my island girl back home.

April 30, 2010 at 6:37 PM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

Holding the bikinis in the hand? Tease.

Again with the censorship. You know I'm opposed to that purely on principle. :P

May 2, 2010 at 2:50 PM

 
Blogger Jen's World said...

Amazing! Amazing pictures.....I'm stealing your "Life is Good" one. :)

May 3, 2010 at 10:04 AM

 
Blogger pedalpower said...

What a fabulous post....such a good life! You're livin the dream Bree!

May 3, 2010 at 4:53 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Glad to hear you are back home and soaking up the sunsets.

Just watch out for those sea turtles. They are total peeping toms and will try to sneak a peek!

May 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home