Aloha!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You Are The Only Ten I See....


Simply could not resist the title.... ha ha..... When speaking of Tennessee I think that pick up line is a MUST, "Hey baby, is this Tennessee cause you're the only ten I see". I wish I was doing the Rev3 Tennessee race just so I could swimbikerun into everyone saying that all day long!
.
Jokes aside, the Rev3 triathlon series is launching soon! I'm totally stoked on the series. What the race directors, including super Charles in Charge, have done in the way of creating a family atmosphere, well organized events, and helping the pro athletes up their game with some of the biggest prize purses in our sport, its exciting to see the growth of triathlon. Anyways, the first race on the list, (and the one I wanted to do most of all), is May 9th, in Tennessee. Check it out and there are still sign ups, believe me, if the legs felt like walking after South Africa I would be on the start...then at the Elvis home that evening, and of course saying that ridiculous joke all day long!
.
Rev3, in case you aren't familiar, is part of Trakkers, the device that lets you watch online-the action of your favorite athletes. These races are so exciting with the live feed and big screens at the events allowing you to see where your athlete is at most all times of the race. This year they have 3 races (see here). Ohio is on my list, never been there, heard the roller coaster is good fun :) Next year the races get even more exciting, love how they are launching all this fun into our sport...also love how my big mouth is hardly staying silent about the race they have coming in February of next year! Oh man, Charley would kill me and kick me off Trakkers team if I say a word, all I can tell you is that it would be the BEST Valentine's gift ever in the universe if your honey let you race that rather than a box of chocolates in February...stay tuned, when he says I can tell I'll be the first to blab about it....
.
Okay, time to get to sleep, heard Africa is 12 hours ahead of me! YIKES! Good night from Kona!
Bree



19 Comments:

Blogger SSB said...

The roller coasters at cedar point are okay, the better ones are at Kings Island in Cincinatti. (It's an Ohio thing to argue about which amusement park has better roller coasters).

April 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

We'll miss you in Quassy!! Have fun in South Africa. Can't wait to hear all about how much butt you kicked!

April 14, 2010 at 2:44 AM

 
Blogger Coach Liz said...

Yes, I have heard of these February race rumors as well from a Trakkers athlete. I am waiting for all the details.

April 14, 2010 at 3:02 AM

 
Blogger Laura Wheatley said...

GOOD LUCK in S. AFRICA!!

I'm an AG'er on the Trakkers team and I can't wait to share the details about the February race too!! :) :)

April 14, 2010 at 3:24 AM

 
Blogger Christy said...

I cannot believe someone mentioned King's Island in Cincinnati! My Grandparents took us there every year when we lived near them and were very little. I can even remember the name of the old roller coasters. Granddad was a blast. Good luck Bree!!! You won't need it though!

April 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Actually, I think Cedar Point has better coasters...and I'm from Cincinnati. Sandusky is sure to be an awesome race. I'll be out there and i'll cheer you on!

April 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Great photo!

Ha, I've never heard that joke before but it's a good one.

How do people adjust to racing with a 12-hour time difference? Do you gradually adjust your time schedule in Hawaii, or just suck it up and deal with it come race day?

April 14, 2010 at 4:24 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Cedar Point (Ohio) is the MECCA of roller coasters. Seriously, if you like them, you will be in heaven!

I'm from Cleveland so grew up going to Cedar Point! When I do an IM, that'll be the one!!!

April 14, 2010 at 4:35 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL at SSB's comment. Don't listen - Cedar Point is the undisputed winner. ;)

April 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM

 
Blogger Roblynn said...

Good luck in South Africa!

April 14, 2010 at 5:03 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Dont forget to try and sleep on the way over. It will make a big difference.

April 14, 2010 at 7:34 AM

 
Blogger Bre said...

Bree- want me to test out that pick up line on the course and see what happens?? haha I'm heading down to Tennessee to kick off the season (driving all the way down from Ontario Canada too!) could be an interesting result-- I think the run would be prime opportunity for it! :)

Kick butt in South Africa!

April 14, 2010 at 8:43 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Go get 'em in South Africa! :)

The coasters in Cedar Point are amazing...even though I'm way too chicken to get on a few of them. I'll be racing the 70.3 there and I can't wait!

April 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Oh man, I'm chomping at the bit! February race! Sounds like my kind of weather... even if it is in a tropical location!

I wish, wish, wish that I was doing that Oly in TN in May. I thought about it, but opted against it only b/c I just don't have enough hill training under these newbie legs yet. Maybe next year, though!

Save travels to you, Bree! GOOD LUCK!!!

April 14, 2010 at 9:35 AM

 
Blogger Meredith said...

We'll see you at the Cedar Point race. Dave is racing and I'll be spectating and pimping my Team Trakkers gear.

Good luck in South Africa. I'm looking forward to tracking you!

April 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

Cedar Point > King's Island, as any true Ohioan would tell you. :). And I'll be sure to try that line on Meredith mid-race in Knoxville!

Good luck in South Africa!

April 14, 2010 at 3:50 PM

 
Blogger su said...

replica handbags
Handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake designer handbags
discount replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
designer replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake replica handbags
fake replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags

April 19, 2010 at 7:22 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

What, to return to do battle at Quassy?

Oh well. Good luck in South Africa! I'll see you out in Cedar Point. I'm definitely taking you up on some roller coaster rides this time around.

April 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home