Aloha!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beach Mommas...

Everyone carries with them at least one piece to someone elses puzzle-Lawrence Kushner
Where you love somebody a whole lot, and you know that person loves you, that's the most beautiful place in the world-Ann Cameron
True love is when your heart and mind are saying the same thing
-Leanna Bartra
Turn to the miracle next to you-Hal Edwards
Happiness was made to be shared-Jean Racine

Today was one of those days, like most days, I woke up and rode my bike then ran. With of course a smile on my face and goals in mind. Next race in a month..Hawaii 70.3! This time I get to sleep in my own bed not a hotel, ride in my truck not a plane, and eat rice covered in shoyu the night before race day, (never found ANY shoyu in Africa). Traveling excites me but there is no place like home and I am beyond thankful Ironman has one of their biggest races in my back yard...next month!!!!
.
Mother's Day weekend kicked off as soon as training was pau. Kainoa and I got to cooking! Me some recovery something or other, him who knows what. He has is own rice cooker, (a smaller version of mine), and this morning he decided to fill it with blue marshmallows, don't ask, he is always cooking up some concoction and I won't get in the way, he might be the next Sam Choy! From there it was some of us moms, our sons, the aunties, the boyfriends or hubby's, and a beach full of sand fights and jumping waves. Love how simple moments become great adventures when shared with the right people...without busting into detail, purple was the adventure the girls had me up too and believe me the laughter was worth every blinding white detail!
.
Tomorrow our town holds a Mother's Day biathlon...short n' sweet. The boys don't get to play, just the girls of Kona and the children too. The past couple years I'd swim then push Kainoa in the jogging stroller for the run half, last year that jogger was out grown. I'm not sure how I can push Kainoa now, carrying him is totally out of the question, (he weighs almost as much as a giant rice bag from Costco!!). However we decide to race we will get across that finish line together and when he is 18 he can carry me across it on his back!
.
Bed time, good night from Kona!!
Bree
.



6 Comments:

Blogger DESS said...

Very active mom....
Happy mother's day..
have a nice day...

May 8, 2010 at 10:19 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Happy Mother's Day!

May 9, 2010 at 3:15 AM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

Happy Mothers Day Bree!

May 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM

 
Blogger Heidi Austin said...

happy mother's day bree! those are some sexi beach mommas :) i hope i look that good someday !

May 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Happy mom's day Bree! Love these photos - the joy just jumps off the screen!

May 9, 2010 at 5:37 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I hope your Mother's Day biathlon was awesome!

May 9, 2010 at 6:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home