Aloha!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Costa Rica On My Mind....

Thoughts of Costa Rica always linger through my mind, mostly because it's my second home and you just never forget where you come from and the places in life that shaped you into who you are today. I'm almost positive the reason I had no problem wearing the same outfit for 5 days in a row when my luggage was lost in Africa had to do with Costa Rica moments...yep. Stray dogs, Spanish on my lips, beans and rice, a country not fully developed yet untouched and gorgeous in the most breathtaking ways...my youth.
One of my very favorite sponsors and folks really dear to my heart told me all about a dream to race in one of my old stomping grounds last season. Yes, for an entire year I have held my breath, bit my tongue, and kept it a secret... BUT now I can talk!!! REV3/Trakkers are hosting an Olympic Distance & Half Ironman in beautiful Guanacaste, Costa Rica! Oh, believe me this secret was hard to keep...I told them as long as they put my name first on the sign up list I'd be quiet. Yes, I signed up well over a year in advance, just so I can race at my second home sweet home.
The race will be held February 19-20, 2011. Hmmmmm, I'm thinking "Happy Valentine's Day"! What an exciting way to celebrate with your hunny....tropical sandy beaches, palm trees, 80* water, sunsets that capture your every glance, and fruit from trees all day long, then of course a little swimbikerun!! The course will be a challenge as heat will play into the game and the terrain will make for some adventurous character building. Oh baby I'm excited!!
I've spent countless summers surfing the waves of Costa Rica, my friend Juan (above) even got me in my first surf contest one year, that place is just filled to the brim with dreams that want to come true if you just let them... it's all about the pura vida!! To think I'm about to have an opportunity to return as a triathlete and race there has me more than excited! For all the details be sure to check out the REV3 website... you can sign up for the race as well! Break out the Spanish... we are returning to Costa Rica!
Buenos Noches desde Hawaii...
MUCHOS abrazos,
Bree
.



13 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

Wow, sounds amazing. I really ought to think about it.

May 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I got this information from a Trakkers team member and it looks exciting! I was thinking about the race in Puerto Rico, but this looks interesting as well.

May 5, 2010 at 2:29 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

That is a great to hear! Costa Rica is on my list of places to visit!

May 5, 2010 at 2:45 AM

 
Blogger Roblynn said...

You just made me day! A liggit race in my own backyard, no way! I did a marathon in Tamarindo last year, but it was Sept. and man was it hot. I think Feb. will be perfect, not yet too hot or humid. Can't wait.
See ya there :)

May 5, 2010 at 4:17 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, you were the first person I thought of when I heard the news! I would LOVE to do this race next year, and CR has been high up on our list of places to vacation. What a cool race idea!

May 5, 2010 at 5:21 AM

 
Blogger IAN said...

When I saw this announced yesterday I immediately thought: "I wonder how long Bree has been biting her tounge keeping this quiet?" Sounds awesome.

May 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

I totally want to go and do this - it would be quite a shock training in Maine in Feb and racing in the heat of CR! But it sounds so awesome, I really want to do it.

May 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

gimme some hints on how a New Englander gets it *together* to race in February? eeeks......
If I do decide to go, I'm signing up for a Bree Wee Surfing lesson. Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo! :-)

May 5, 2010 at 2:27 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Simmons said...

I'm excited about this too, Bree! We may be taking the whole family on a trip to Costa Rica next February! It's my birthday weekend... couldn't be better timing for me! :) And the first thing my husband said when he heard was, "There's good surf there."

May 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM

 
Blogger Catching up with Jessica said...

WOWOOWWOW!!! Delfin and I spent our honeymoon there! 3 weeks! We rented a car and drove everywhere! I have a bracelet made of Guanacaste tree and a couple of other pieces of jewelry from Costa Rica, of course all my fav. We had a BLAST! First time I ever surfed was there! Can't remember the name but close to Playa Conchal. Blast blast blast and great memories! The best ziplining EVER! We have the best pics. Oh, Costa Rica! Pura Vida! Maybe I can race...that's only 11 weeks after I deliver. Maybe!?

May 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVED costa rica when i went last year... so this race is totally on my radar!

May 6, 2010 at 2:37 AM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

My husband and I have both been to Costa Rica separately and loved it. I kinda threw this out there as a "wouldn't it be fun..." kind of trip. We can't commit just just but it does sound SOOOO amazing. The Gollnicks should schedule in a "surf with Bree" clinic.

How goes the 47hours of travelling recovery? Any running yet?

May 6, 2010 at 3:04 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Did you see that Rev3 even put you right in the front of the Costa Rica race poster?! I think Charlie must have picked this race just for you.

I'm hoping I'll see you there!

May 13, 2010 at 1:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home