Aloha!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ke kai hala'i lana malie...

The calm sea floating peacefully, that's what "Ke kai hala'i lana malie" means. I only know it because Kainoa is learning Hawaiian Language and I'm trying my best to learn it with him so he quits looking at me like I'm dumb for not having a clue what he is saying when he says all those words to me! The sea was calm, as in not choppy, but it had picture perfect swells rolling in. Beautiful in so, so, so many ways! The the dolphins came to play and that made it even better. Lucky for me, the swim was recovery, that meant coach gave me freedom to play, to splash, chase dolphins, enjoy the ocean without having to race through it.
This week was one of the most mentally challenging weeks I've ever embraced in sport. Some days were so long, others required mental alertness as if I needed to have the skill of making a bat have contact with a ball or a ball go through a hoop or kick a ball into a goal, that kind, not just swimbikerun. ALERTNESS. It did wear me out. One workout took an entire day to finish, another took all the strength my legs had to get up a giant hill, a few took my noodle arms to new lengths...it was another world in my tri-life. This morning was the run to tip off the top of the week. It started pretty mello then rolled into a game of chase with Kiet, the Asian Filippino karate kid that has been schooling me all training camp week long! Queen K was no match for us, it was like my engine was on (let's hope and pray it stays on for race day)! And after that....ocean float time...follow the dolphins time. The above photo is the view of a dolphin draft. I'd like to confess, I did however end up with dolphin poop in my mouth only moments after snapping that shot...lovely.
The beauty of the ocean never ceases to amaze me, I'm always along for the ocean rides, swims, floats, and anything & everything in between. Speaking of any & everything in between...I got a little surprise coming to me Thursday that will make the ocean even more fun! I'll tell ya later about it...might need to actually run it by coach first, shhhhhh....


I am so blessed to have the life I have, the laughs I share, the smiles given to me, and at the end of this week it's easy to look at all the hard work and say, "I loved it all". Personally, thank you to my coaches, Steve for the swims and Jimmy for working so close with me and changing things up as motherhood and other "hoods" call first...
.
And that's a wrap to this week, much love & aloha to you all!
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa G said...

Awesome! All this hard work will definitely be worth it. Looking forward to hearing about your Hawaii 70.3 race next weekend!! Hey - I'm going to register for Honu 2011!!

May 30, 2010 at 5:22 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Bree, I'm another of Jimmy's minions. I just wanted to tell you how great your blog is with the ocean pics....in my little lush, brownwater world away from the ocean dolphins don't poop so this was a shocker.

May 31, 2010 at 2:57 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

That must have been some pee stop if you have to hold on to a pipe to go.

Your son must be so proud of his momma.

May 31, 2010 at 5:56 AM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Ha ha, that last pic is sooo funny. Keep up the good work Bree.

May 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie Corker Irwin said...

BreeeeWeeeee! I'm comin' to Kona and hope to see you, without dolphin poop in your mouth:)

June 1, 2010 at 5:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home