Aloha!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Today In The 808 State...

Welcome to my locker room, its where all the stuff is kept to get me through a day at the office. Today my locker STINKS like sweaty bike shoes, old socks, banana peels, and a swim suit that needed to be hung outside to dry. It's bad. But I love it...
First up was a swim to the Iron Buoy and back. My co-workers were amazing, a group of 7 of us started together, but like most offices everyone has their own "desk". I ended up with Karlyn all the way out and back and let me tell ya, she was all business and it hurt pretty good working with her (she has over 200 masters records you know...) Nothing like showing up for work in a swim suit and slippers. Our guests were a manta ray and 3 dolphins...beautiful!
From there it was just me and 64 miles worth riding along Queen K, interval style. I'd love to tell you about the views and show you photos but I was too into my job today, really. It was all sorts of "meeting deadlines" and "no lunch break" kind of work. From there it was run. Again, nothing to show for it but some disgusting tan lines and horrible smelling socks.
.
The day hurt so much, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. About 3 times today I was thinking that if I had an aid station walking it would feel so good, but I sucked it up, got the job done and I know that if you can do that on a training day when you are all alone and nobody would even know if you slowed down, walked, or went home early then come race day it will pay off. SO me and my office finished all we had to do and by the time I punched out I was in pain all over and smiling some goofy grin because I love-love-love what I do, so much.
.
Yesterday was more beautiful... here are Kainoa's Puka 'Ana (sunset) photos...




And just so you know, the 808 state has a little saying... "What happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii". Sometimes I think that makes all the sense in the world...because you just can't give away all your secrets or tell the things that really make your heart flutter or the ruckus you caused. But other things aren't so bad...they just happen in Hawaii like no big deal...
Like giant purple cakes on the beach...
When your swim partner just takes off her top (like mine did today) because it's causing a rash and its not very freeing, and besides nobody can see we are so far from shore...
Or when all the girls on the swim team decide to get thongs and hit the beach...
And the time we stayed up past our bed time, yeah, that's my hand on my head wondering how I will wake up after a night that long in my whole life!
.
Tomorrow a long ride and a swim...the office is looking inviting! It's total focus time since I have a BIG day coming June 5th...
.
A great big GOOD NIGHT from the 808 state!
Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

Great photos. I am loving the look of that cake.

May 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Great day of work!

May 19, 2010 at 3:05 AM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Hawaii... le sigh. Beautiful pics!

May 19, 2010 at 12:15 PM

 
Blogger Libby said...

love it :) miss my virgin islands days of laying out naked on secluded beaches. not so much in florida!! honu here you come! saw your hometown girl article on ironman.com, you're the favorite!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Cleaning is good!

May 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Me want some giant purple cake!!!

May 20, 2010 at 4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home