Aloha!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Training...That's it, Really...

Wearing hats, cliff jumping, playing at the beach, surfing, slumber parties, camping, watching stars late at night, getting up early to sit on the beach and eat cereal, renting movies at Block Buster, swimming through coral caves, fishing, playing on boats, making big dinners, baking with Kainoa, hanging out at Boarders, listening to Kawika play ukulele, taking pictures, painting, making up dances to songs that I don't even know the words to, and laying in hammocks, those are a very few of my favorite things. Those are the things I toss in here and there and sprinkle into my life as much as possible...
.
Lately, its looked A LOT like this... wearing an ugly helmet, earning bad tan lines, drinking a lot of things from water bottles & eating weird bars, swimming in a pool, watching the lights turn off at 8pm, getting up early to not sit on the beach with cereal, falling asleep half way through a Block Buster movie, no slumber parties, making really quick dinners because I'm so hungry after a long training session, listening to the same songs over and over on the IPOD, being thankful KSwiss hooks me up with free shoes because I seem to be going through them weekly, sitting on a bike seat more than sitting anywhere else all together, and enduring pain in the form of ART (not painting) and massage...
.
Honestly though, who am I kidding... I love it.
Today was my most challenging run in the last few months. The kind that you have to triple the amount of ice in the ice bath afterwards. The kind that you just lay on the living room floor because even getting in the bed to recover hurts too much. The kind that I didn't even use my legs in the ocean during the swim...just arms this morning... the kind that I am begging for a massage, the nice kind though. That's how it's been around here and I'm not sure who is more tired at the end of the day...me or Kainoa...we both sleep like babies!
Is it time for Honu (Hawaii 70.3) yet??? Happy Training!!
Bree
.



9 Comments:

Blogger krystyna47 said...

The best kind of day is the kind where you feel you've completely earned the right to feel alive and happy. Sounds like you're earning it!! :)

May 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM

 
Blogger Chloe said...

Oh yes, I had a day like that today as well. And guess what? I loved every feaking second of it!! Cheers to enjoying the sun :)

May 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I love those workout days that knock you out and make you come back to the bed for more nap time. Have a weird bar on the bike for me. :0)

May 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Nearly there, Bree! Keep it up! The tough times are so worth it! :o)

May 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I loved the article about you on Ironman.com. I know that you are putting in the work and will do a great job! Cheers!

May 21, 2010 at 3:17 AM

 
Blogger Ernesto D said...

Saw you on TV during Ironman Cozumel...pretty cool...good luck in your next "performance" and keep having fun for the rest of us.

May 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

My legs felt like that last night! Just from a 7 mile run though - lightweight that I am. That photo of him makes me sleepy.

May 21, 2010 at 2:36 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Keep it up, Bree!! I love the sleepy pic...one of my favorite moments of the day is peeking in on my boys after they are asleep. They play with abandon during the day, and sleep with abandon at night.

May 23, 2010 at 2:27 AM

 
Blogger Rosario said...

Keep chasing your dreams, they will come true.
love reading your blog
rosario

May 24, 2010 at 7:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home