Aloha!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For The Love of a Pink Sky...

I am sort of a "get up & get to work" kind of girl. The sun pops up and so do I, then it's time to swimbikerun. Motherhood mostly got me into this groove, in fact, I really don't remember many training sessions (since I start so early) other than Wed. night swim finishing near sunset since Kainoa. Well...today I ran at sunset after all these years. The very moment the sun began to turn the sky pink and create that dazzle on the water, my favorite run memories came back to me. I love running at sunset and all it took was a pink sky kissing the ocean to remind me of that night time run love!
.
Part of the reason for the early evening run is that I'm on "chill mode". After the back-to-back racing weekend my head is taking a little mental break, just to make sure I stay freshly focused leading into the final focus for Ironman CDA. Yesterday & today have been, "get up & get going whenever I feel like it". This is borderline "relaxing" and borderline "lazy feeling". However, my mind is getting frisky again and it's helped me unwind just in time to wind back up...
Paola (the Kukio Challenge race director) sent me a photo today, it's one of my new favorites...look at little Kainoa running up the beach after me! I just adore this picture for that reason. Most days he is the very reason I get up and go & when he follows it makes me want to go all the more.
Cruising through Kona is about to get a little more busy as my 2-day post weekend chillax sessions are jumping back into "get up and go" starting tomorrow. No worries, I am ready.
.
Good night from a place where the sky is painted pink & orange!
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger SHERRY said...

Beautiful pics!

In either you last blog or the post before that one, I noticed that Kainoa was hanging on to your leg in the most adorable way. He just loves his Mommy, that's for sure!

Have a wonderful day!

June 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

That's a great one! Having Kainoa running after you. In about 10 years he will catch you!!

June 9, 2010 at 2:35 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

What a cutie! I love Kona life and I've never been there:)))

June 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love that photo too! Priceless.

I live in the big city and love to run at night because it's the quietest time (well, that an early morning!)

June 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home