Aloha!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hop Across The Pacific.....

Pretty soon it'll be time to hop across the Pacific Ocean!! WHOOOP WHOOOOP, I'm actually excited under this tiny bit of homesickness! Coach gave me a swim this morning to prepare for whats to come: cold water, a lake, a wetsuit. Ahhhh, nothing like swimming in warm Kailua Bay, in a wetsuit, roasting by the time you make it to the King's Buoy, hoping not to over heat on the return to shore. Love the looks too, everyone wonders what you are doing in a wetsuit rather than the usual bikini's/surf trunks & skinny dipping the Big Island is known for. The first couple hundred meters were ugly, no rotation, just a big floating mess in that wetsuit. After I got the elbows up and hips rotating it got better and I was actually loving the wetsuit floating capabilities I now had!




After the swim my next mission was to get packing. Packing did not happen. That little Kainoa smile stole my day. He wanted nothing more to do than wander around the tide pools. Tomorrow I'll pack. In Idaho I'll relax more. As a parent the abilty to just sit still isn't always possible and this weekend is no different...as far as taper goes, it's not ruined, I'm considering it shared with a 3 year old :) Perhaps parenting and the excessive triathlon indulgment is the perfect fit...

I smile every time I see blue meet green. There is something amazing about sky meeting ocean that never ceases to amaze me! Our tide pool discoveries were the usual wana, fish, coral chunks, hermit crabs, and today we even found a sea horse...at least we think it was.



ooooops, a little too much water on the lens...

Idaho. Never been there, I am totally excited to see some place new and very different. I'm wondering if it'll be sunrise or sunset in the little town. I'm wondering if there are big country roads and horses. I'm wondering if it's a place with cowboys & country music or if I still might be able to hear Ryan Hiraoka on the radio. I'm hoping they don't just serve potatoes but rice too. New places totally excite me, of course for me there is no place like home, but being able to catch a small glimpse into another part of this giant world just makes me understand life and people better.

.

South Africa was hands down one of the greatest opportunities of my life, but this trip already feels more calm. Knowing I am only 7 hours from home rather than the 47 hours it took me to return from Africa is a sigh of relief! Tomorrow a run along the Kona Coast, a call to my dad to tell him I love him, then packing. Perhaps one more beach trip will happen with Kainoa too.

.

Aloha ahi ahi!!

Bree

.



13 Comments:

Blogger Nori said...

come @ Maiula!!!

June 19, 2010 at 10:34 PM

 
Blogger Tim Kasparek said...

bree, you will absolutely love Cda and everything Idaho has to offer. best wishes for an amazing race and a fantastic week of enjoying a new landscape!

June 20, 2010 at 3:29 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Love those pics! You will be AMAZING in Idaho - go get it!

June 20, 2010 at 4:22 AM

 
Blogger pedalpower said...

What a lovely, lovely day you had. I'm with you on the blue meeting the green...feeds my soul. Good luck in Idaho!

June 20, 2010 at 8:10 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I predict you're gonna love Idaho - it's beautiful in a dramatically different way than Idaho.

June 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM

 
Blogger Alex said...

Goodluck!

June 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

BREE! Good luck this weekend!! Lots of good mojo heading your way!

June 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Good luck! Idaho is gonna LOVE you. You and Idaho? Let us know. I think this will be a great race for you.

Safe travels.

June 20, 2010 at 3:04 PM

 
Blogger Catching up with Jessica said...

Idaho is gorgeous, Bree, and you will love it! Of course, you will be more excited to return home but you will love it! And you're so strong right now! Rock it baby, rock it!

June 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM

 
Blogger Colleen S said...

We'll be cheering for you in CDA, I'll be over there too, spectating. Enjoy the beautiful scenery the pacific NW has to offer, very different than KONA, but as with everything, I'm sure you will take it all in and enjoy every minute of it! Go BREE!!

June 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I'm hoping to make it up there to check out the course on Wednesday. I'll try and connect to stop by and say "Hi"

June 21, 2010 at 3:08 AM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

Good luck Bree!

June 21, 2010 at 3:08 AM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

Travel safe and best of luck! I'll be cheering from Richmond.

June 21, 2010 at 5:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home