Aloha!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Something Like This...

Sitting on the plane I know 3 things. 1) I just left the greatest place I know-home, and it’ll all be there when I return, so I will go enjoy Idaho and of course get the job done as best as I can . 2) This flight will be short and sweet compared to the South Africa trip, that will forever remain in my head as the longest sitting experience I will never forget. 3) Where I’m going is DARN cold, I was told by a few local Idahoians. Lovely…me no likey cold.
.
To pass the time I decide to work on one of the projects I’m tackling for the Kona-California Scholarship fundraising (and you all better support it when it’s ready for action). I pop open the computer, plug the head phones into the computer totally ready to jam while I type. The plane is of course noisy but I hear the music. With the head phones on I continue to turn the volume up. O-Shens “Island Jewel” is playing, I completely love that song and just imagine its being sung to me by some Island tan boy back home…but anyways, I am now full on jamming, head bobbing, smiling, even shaking the hips a little in my seat. Still the volume is too low so I make it go as loud as I can and discover the people near me looking quite funnily, I smile the kind of smile that says, “mind your own business” , then take off the ear phones to get my gum out of my bag only to find the head phones were indeed NOT plugged into the computer and the music was floating throughout the plane to everyone but me because I had the head phones on barely hearing it… ahh, what a start to a will-be-great-trip!
.
Well….Im arriving at midnight. Fantastic. Just in time for bed. Tomorrow I know I have a bike ride on tap, so if by chance anyone reading this in Idaho near the race, if you want to ride bikes with me PLEASE let me know. This island girl would love company, or a personal map to keep me from riding to the ocean, because back home it seems all bike rides land us near the ocean! Okay….that’s all the reporting I have to scoop you all on. Once I begin the Idaho experience I will hopefully have something more exciting, like a giant potato discovery or something. Till then, just a few of yesterdays “under the sun” day with Kainoa photos…



and of course my new nephew and his parents :)

One flight down, one to go. Hope somebody back home caught the sunset for me, the plane ride didn't have the greatest view. Next stop: Idaho (well, Spokane, then drive to Idaho....)
.
Thanks for reading...
Bree



10 Comments:

Blogger Kiet said...

Breezy, that story about the headphones is classic you. I have this funny image in my head of you in the plane. Wish I could be there for the bike ride with you manana. You'll find someone, you're Bree.

June 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM

 
Blogger indiatravelstours said...

Reach Kings Lodge Resort Bandhavgarh, wild Life Tiger Safari, Indian Wild Life Bandhavgarh

this is very greatful and informatic helpful Can I quote a post in your blog with the link to you? i want to book mark it.

Thanks
aleix
http://www.indiatravelstours.com/
india tour tavel,rajasthan tour in india, kings lodge resort bangvargarth

Reach Kings Lodge Resort Bandhavgarh
Kings Lodge Resort
rajasthan tour in india

June 21, 2010 at 10:39 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie Boeckmann said...

hahaha! i love your story with the head phones, thats classic!! Caught the sunset tonight for you, will post pictures! I know the home sick feeling, but you will be back again soon and Hawaii will still be the same old and waiting for your return. :) Experience all that you can while you're over there. Much love from Hawaii!! xoxo

June 21, 2010 at 10:54 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Woo-hoo, Bree!! So excited for you! Have a wonderful time in Idaho.

June 22, 2010 at 3:13 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Have a great time in Idaho!

June 22, 2010 at 3:42 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 22, 2010 at 3:42 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That's so funny about the music :-) You're going to love Idaho - even the cold can't get you down.

June 22, 2010 at 7:03 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

hahaha that's hilarious about the music on the plane! Have the most AMAZING race this weekend!

June 22, 2010 at 8:24 AM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

Kainoa is becoming a star. The last pic is funny :-))

Enjoy Idaho!

June 22, 2010 at 10:38 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I am laughing hard about the music and the headphones. If I did something like that I would be mortified because I have some songs with the "PARENTAL ADVISORY" tag on them.

You are going to do awesome this weekend making hashbrowns, french fries, and twice baked potatoes out of that course this weekend.

Think warm island thoughts. I hate the cold water too.

June 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home