Aloha!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Time...

It is FULL SWING into S-U-M-M-E-R, oh heck ya! For sure it's nearly always warm living on the island, but there is something extra warm around summer time! For starters the winds do this thing where they seem to sweep some of the clouds and vog away, a little bit, leaving Kona with beautiful blue skies nearly as gorgeous as the ocean below. On my runs the Ironman turn buoy (see above) is floating out there peaceful...till October anyway. The rides are so hot & windy it feels as if someone is microwaving us then trying to blow on us to cool it down, but its hot wind not tropical island breeze...
The nights are all spent under a sunset, mostly floating with Kainoa. It's our favorite way to cool off at night. In the summer sleeping is so hot even a sheet is often too much if you live in town. Those that live up mauka are a little more fortunate and can get away with pajamas. Floating the days away, I just love them this time of year. Its safe to say I appreciate this time of year when the island is full of mainly those of us that live on it and the college kids that return home, within the next 3-4 months it's like a complete 180 around here with the Ironman boom in town, I appreciate that too as it helps our economy and that fun little race too :) . But for now, I'm loving the peace and quiet...

This is no field trip, however those are a couple of my former students! Another giant summer view...beaches full of surfers, spongers, sup-ers, and sun tanners. It's like a giant beach party all day and night. Not to mention the gym is FULL too! Today was my final "hard effort" run on the tready before IM CDA and I was pretty sure work was called off for EVERYONE on the island because I must have counted more than our town population of people doing crunches & working their arm muscles in search of that bikini and surf trunk hot body! Very entertaining I must confess...
The boys are nice this time of year too...they leave plumerias on your car. And of course the final sign of summer is seeing a bathroom full of swim suits hanging to dry. Yesterday my flight for Idaho (well Spokane) was booked, fingers are crossed summer follows me. Happy Summer :)
Bree
.



3 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I sure hope you guys get better weather than we did last year! yikes! It was the oddest year, I had to wear a heat blanket the last 10 miles of the run! so excited to see you kick some butt in CDA, its so beautiful, you will L-O-V-E it!

June 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

That last picture is a whole week's worth of clothing, but precious little fabric involved. Just sayin'.

You'll love CdA. It's beautiful and a very fair course. Don't defer to anyone.

June 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

I'm excited for your race day and envy the daily routine of the island. Thomas will be in baseball camp soon, so that will help his time off. I plan to take him to SD to paly in the ocean, trail run or bike for him and spend time getting mama better at her weakest link- the run.

Again, thank you for the daily pics for the work computer and making think I need to update my own blog.

Tina

P.S. Thomas now has a phone (thanks to my mom, and he will text I love you. It is amazing the love it brings when I read it. So, the point is give your soon. You will reap the love it brings home or away. He'll love it becuase it is his and he has one!

June 17, 2010 at 6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home