Aloha!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today I Played Hawaii N' Idaho....

Okay...today was one of those days where you wake up and have a huge smile because you are so thankful for the life you live. Woke up with lots of pajamas, socks, and wanting to put the covers over me to stay warm longer, but still I was stoked to wake up with a smile in Idaho. Of course while waking up the phone was going off the charts with yesterdays texts from friends back home, stuff like this, "Bree SOUTH SWELL, you are missing it", "we had dolphins", "Bree Costco is selling Roxy bikini's now-really", "Hey, swimming at 7 if you want to go, its warm and salty". Oh I love my friends, and of course home... however, this week is showing me something different.
.
All over is beatiful, its just different colors, like here is more greens and browns and home is more blues and oranges. So today I was going to play a little game, I was going to look around and see Hawaii here, or see this place and find home in it...
.
Above, thats Hawaii looking across the bay...where I swim and below, looking across the lake, where I swam this morning....

Above, Idaho's lake bottom, I think they are old dead logs, they felt like logs. Below, thats some old dead coral and lava rock, dead too....

Shore break: Above, Idaho...I had to kick to make the ripples, but it sure turned out cool with the bubbles. Below, Hawaii....little summer swell on the beach of Honl's, no kicking required.
Laying on the lake bottom, browns and greens of Idaho above. Laying on the ocean floor back home (below), shades of blue.

Here is the deep, deep part of the lake, in a wetsuit, super clean water though. Below is the deep, deep part of the ocean, not in a wetsuit...I enjoyed both, honestly. Of course warm suits me better and no fish swam with me today...

And the trees. Idaho has some of the tallest trees I have ever seen in my entire life! They go up forever and look so strong. Hawaii, we have palms that sway with the breezes along our shore line.
Other than playing Idaho/Hawaii I borrowed a food processor to make some recovery balls, tried not to destroy my homestays kitchen too much (thanks family). I played way too much computer but that was the order (stay off my feet), I finished a book, and of course took a nice little drive so I could see more of this beautiful Idaho. As for the race, I even picked up my race number today...#51... very excited to get on with the race, until then I'm enjoying what my eyes see throughout this week and the people I am meeting.
.
Hugs from Idaho and the biggest sent back home to Kainoa!!
Bree



10 Comments:

Blogger ali said...

I saw you at registration today. It is a beautiful place! Good luck to you and I hope I see you out on the course!!

June 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Great photos, You are such a talented photographer. And triathlete...so go out there on Sunday and kick some butt.

June 24, 2010 at 10:44 PM

 
Blogger Libby said...

yea! race day is almost here! can't wait to cheer you on by computer! Idaho is very pretty, but I'd pick hawaii anyday :) take in the scenery now so you can focus on kicking butt in just two more sleeps!

June 24, 2010 at 11:03 PM

 
Blogger Robert Lejeune said...

Good luck with the race :) Kick some butt!

Have a great day

June 25, 2010 at 12:31 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

The pics are awesome! I can't wait to track you this weekend! Good luck!

June 25, 2010 at 3:56 AM

 
Blogger Brad said...

Have fun on Sunday.... I've been to this race a couple of times and you will love it for there is a ton of contact with the spectators.... I'm sure the Bree smile will be in full force!

June 25, 2010 at 6:32 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Excellent comparison! Hawaii is stunning but Idaho does have it's own brand of beauty.

June 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM

 
Blogger beth said...

Go #51!!! Bree- have a blast out there. show 'em that you're there to PARTY, and you can race fast even out of your element...
can't wait to track you. hugs from san diego!!!!!!

June 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

 
Blogger miles99999 said...

Good luck Bree! Be it and believe it!

June 27, 2010 at 3:07 AM

 
Blogger Kendra said...

These are great pictures! :)

June 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home