Aloha!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Crazy Good Day....

It seems like when things go crazy it's assumed the day was bad.... so while today was CRAZY for me, it was still a good day, it was my crazy good day. Not just a good day, but a lot of crazy tossed in. To fix it all up before bed we hit the market for fish & pineapple. Did you know pineapple is one of the 10 most "happy foods" in the world? Really... it has tryptophan in it, the feel-good chemical, serotonin, cannot be produced by the body without tryptophan, sooooooooo it helps boost the happy in us. I'm a fan of looking to food to fix the mood, and today I wanted the pineapple for more than it's anti inflammatory goodness. (but I needed that too after a long day of swimbikerun). In the time it takes to cook rice, pineapple stuffed dinner is ready!

The morning started really, really good. Woke up early, got to swim practice on time, Kainoa sat like an angel at the end of our lane giving instructions with coach Steve, and swimming felt goooooooood. That's where it all got crazy. Kainoa jumped in fully dressed in school clothes and now was swimming laps with us during cool down. Lovely. Slightly later to school than usual after driving back home for a change of clothes.
.
Now ride my bike for a few hours then run, all before getting Kainoa from school in time. Ahhhhhhh, and soon into the ride, plhewwwwwwph. I'm not sure how to make the sound, but I think the heat of Kona, the wheel a bit "ridden", and of course the scorching hot roads of Kona caused a bit of a blow out. AND the bike shop was not open yet....
.
Thankfully coach let me trade up the run and bike so I could fit them both in. Run was actually smooth. In fact other than a man on a motorcycle asking to buy me breakfast (crazy) it was awesome. By now the bike shop was long open, they would have it done in 30 minutes. In my "hurry mom" mode I didnt have 30 minutes to stall, I needed to ride now before its time to get Kainoa. SOOOO coach sent me to the book store to get a book. I asked for it and of course coach gave me the wrong title so I am promising up and down left and right in English and Spanish to the lady that I know what I am talking about because my coach told-me-so. Call coach, oh yeah, that's the book, changed a word up. Lovely. I'm now the crazy customer of Boarders. Back to my bike...
.
The bike was good, hot, windy. THEN CRAZY as a train of speed zooms by on the other side. I'm not to say names as it's a bit of a private training camp, but I will tell you, 2 of the men have won Ironmans, the World Champs for one of them & the girl will make the women's race more fun for Wellington. Quality pros in my opinion, in fact, I was invited to swim with them...crazy...can I bring fins?
.
The final cherry on the top of this crazy good day was pineapple picking with Kainoa, when I finally made it to his school with 2 minutes to 3. If you are a parent you understand, if not you might think I'm totally disgusting, my apologies. Well, Kainoa really, REALLY, really had to go. In fact it was "mom I'm going to pee my pants". So I did what all parents would do, let him out and say, "pee on the tire", you know boys need a place to aim. Back in the truck and a man comes running out to the parking lot waiving a phone and yelling. He goes off about how unsanitary I am and rude and blahblahblahblah, Really? Kainoa was aching and hurting and we would never have made it home. The man grabs the phone, stares at my license plate, and pretty much prepares to take actions and get me busted. Finally he runs back to me and tells me I have to wipe it up. I am trying not to laugh, a little scared. It ends with, "wipe it up or I'm getting the cops". Soooooo, imagine this, me and Kainoa with a shirt wiping his pee off the parking lot. Really. The parking lot, outside. The dirty parking lot with gum, car oil, and dog pee too.
.
Driving away I'm thinking how crazy that was, I bet if a cop really came he would understand. I mean all the keiki here run around naked peeing on trees in play grounds! It's not like anyone eats off the parking lot floor. Wish I would have driven away without wiping it up...or at least should have handed him my camera to catch me in pure humiliation wiping pee off the ground-OUTSIDE. It was a crazy day. So much good was wrapped up in the day to make up for all the silly things though.
.
Now my son is stuffing a coconut into a water bottle, really it will never fit, but after today I'm thinking he's going to get it in there somehow and it will look crazy. Tomorrow is some long riding, I'm ready, new tire and all...
.
Don't forget the pineapple....
Bree



7 Comments:

Blogger And Miles 2 Go said...

"Don't forget the pineapple." :)

May just have to be my new life slogan for awhile. LOVE. your. blog.

July 28, 2010 at 2:30 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Might be lots of valuable "soft" lessons to learn from the "champs". When information is out there.... soak it up!!! Great opportunity.... and then you can thank them when you pass them at IMWC.

July 28, 2010 at 4:59 AM

 
Blogger pedalpower said...

Oh good grief...what kind of man, begrudges a little boy a little relief? He's not a grown man. And I mean really...doesn't he realize there are animals out there reliving themselves all the time.

That pineapple looks like a great dinner!

July 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM

 
Blogger gelmertri said...

Obviously, the guy did not eat his pineapple that day. Really nice to humiliate a little boy - my 4 yr old has been in the same position and I am NOT going to make him wet his pants vs. peeing somewhere, so we have found a tree or tire of my car... that pineapple dinner looks really good! And I bet you can beat Crowie in the ocean!

July 28, 2010 at 7:46 AM

 
Blogger Kelly B. said...

I would have had two words for that jerk and one of them is "OFF".
For heaven's sake...boys are boys...

July 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

Dude needs to get a life. I don't have kids but I totally would have done what you did.

July 29, 2010 at 4:26 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I can think of a hundred other things besides a little boy relieving himself rather than wetting his pants to get worked up about. What a ding-dong.

Have fun at your swim with the champs and the fast chica. I am sure you will hold your own and they will help push you just the way you need to be pushed.

July 31, 2010 at 1:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home