Aloha!

Friday, July 16, 2010

LONG Training Day, LONG Sunset...

Today was my IRONMAN. My very own day of training-Bree Wee specific. It included wind, heat, hills, long miles, sunshine. It did not include anyone to train with, no IPOD, no phone. It pretty much looked like this all day (see above). Long roads, empty, minimal distractions. It was the perfect day to be alone with my goals, focusing on each moment a single moment at a time. I'll be honest, 8 minutes into the ride I was already thinking "wow, this is going to be so long". In fact I was already looking around for something to see or someone to talk to. No wonder it was my very own IRONMAN specific training day, I needed to push through all the "solo" moments alone, finding ways to keep focused for a long, long day.
During my 4 interval sections coach said to try them on hills. Lucky for me I know all the side loops off Queen K and beyond and I happened to find this beauty on the way home from Mahukona. I figured I'd kick my own @$$ racing up this little gem. Wonderful... totally cruising once the intervals were done, it was back to "trying to focus and not day dream". Another confession, at hour 4 I got an idea!
.
I was thinking of Belinda Granger and her big Roth Challenge tomorrow. She really helped me a lot when she was here, it was like she was the woman with all the experience and I was the girl in a bikini that needed some wings. Truthfully it's not very often women in our sport go out of their way to give tips, tricks, and suggestions to their competition, however, Belinda was the opposite. All I could offer her was the best shops on the island to buy BoomBoom bikinis. I know, what a big help I am. She fell in love with the suits, bought too many, and I landed a lot of encouragement. Back to hour 4 of my ride, this brilliant idea happened... all of us girls put on our BoomBooms for Belinda and write "Go Belinda" across our bums, then tell her to "smack some @$$" in her race. I was trying SO HARD not to forget my idea before I got home...a few hours later.
.
Off the bike I had a run (you know, long day, Ironman style). It was awesome, I forgotten what training partners and an IPOD was by that point! Instantly my Ironman "goal pace" happened under my feet, breathing was brilliant, and my head was totally consumed with my goals. It was awesome. Of course I forgot about the BoomBoom Belinda idea because food took over my brain by that point. However, the moment I put on my suit to swim the idea came back...
AND here it is.... "GO BELINDA, SMACK SOME @$$". ha ha, what a fun day of training topped off with an awesome night! Oh, the other thing that I needed to do, totally "work related" as it is for one of my sponsors "KSWISS", is snap a photo of me flashing my "shield". As in the KSwiss shield. A couple of the girls already did theirs, soon enough you will be able to witness the entire KSwiss team flashing their shields... here is mine:
Of course I couldn't stop laughing, but there ya have it. Tonight ended up being a long sunset. We all relaxed in the sand, in the ocean, and just let the day fade away with a sky of orange, pink, purple, and blue. A beautiful sky shared with beautiful friends and Kainoa...



Today, I'm more thankful for my life than I was yesterday...
.
Bree



7 Comments:

Blogger Kiet said...

Great idea, great training, great post, great friends Breezy. Mucho happy para ti.

July 17, 2010 at 2:20 AM

 
Blogger Pervaiz said...

I visit your blog first time. It is so nice and lovely. I like your idea of blog.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/
Thanks.

July 17, 2010 at 3:36 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

How fun! Such a beautiful life, Bree! :)

July 17, 2010 at 11:06 AM

 
Blogger Monica Kvas said...

Amaaaazing pictures Bree!!! Love it!!!!

July 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Great post Bree! That sounds like a very tough (mental mostly...but also physically) training day, nice work!

Love the pictures too, as usual :-)

July 17, 2010 at 7:13 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

That is so cool that Belinda gave you some speedy training and racing tips. She always seems so cool in interviews and stuff, glad to hear she is as cool in real life.

Oh, and what is with your guy friend in the blue shorts?! He is totally breaking up the theme of the pic. Did he not want one of you ladies writing on his bum with a marker?

I guess BoomBoom doesn't make guys suits. Haha.

July 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

These are some of my fave photos so far!

July 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home