Aloha!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good Night Kentucky :)

How happy is this girl?! To put it in words would take a very long time, I'll keep it simple, "I'm very happy". This is Kainoa's 3rd Ironman tour with me and let me tell you, it's better with him. He's done IM Kona, IM Japan, and now IM Louisville by my side, as in attend interviews, race meetings, meet with sponsors, fill water bottles, and check in the bike & bags. He's like my mini me because he just goes with the flow too. However, he never feels nervous and when I asked about his race plan he said, "Just ready set go all the way to the finish line mom".
.
Kainoa's plan is very similar to the one coach gave me. "Bree, pretend its a training day but go just a little faster, not much." I can do that. Over thinking, well, just thinking in general tends to become an issue with me. If I turn it all off and let the body do what it does in training, because it does that everyday, things usually go better. AND TOMORROW, I get to use a new rear wheel! I'm so happy about that! I've begged and pleaded and asked everyone I know for a 1080 and finally I get to try one out, I've always wanted too! Truly the 808 was a favorite because Hawaii is the 808 state you know, but this 1080 always sounded fun for someone who isn't a disc kind of girl... yay!

The island boy is having fun in Kentucky. The green grass & lack of lava fields, the brick buildings, trolleys, (we must have ridden them a million times by now), the elevators & escalators, traffic, lots of shops, horses in the streets, parking garages, and of course the river has him in a new world, almost in culture shock. Every turn is, "LOOK MOM", or "WOW NOT LIKE HAWAII". He won't touch the pineapple here though and won't look at the fish...
.
As for swimming, they won't let him in the river unless he's 18 or racing, so we found a fountain and called it the ocean. He smiled, of course. His feet did get to splash in the river though...

Tomorrow this is where the action begins. My stomach is filled with butterflies, almost like you think you might puke. For thinking of tomorrow as "a training day only a little faster" this is sure more butterflies than a regular day! I'm excited and of course, the finish line will have Kainoa, so it's already guaranteed a good day out there! Good night from Kentucky!
.
Bree
ps.......... thank you. Thank you to those that have helped me get to this start line... Trakkers, Coach Jimmy, KSwiss, Argon 18 Bikes, Splish, Bike Works, Healing Island Massage, Cera Sport, Johnson Blanton & Travis, Blue Seventy, Dr. Traub, Kona Aquatics & Coach Steve, and without a doubt my incredible family & Kainoa & The Big Guy, training partners, friends, and supporters here and there! Mahalo nui loa~!



17 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Giacomarra Schrader said...

All the best Bree! Good luck!

August 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Good luck Bree!

August 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

I like the note about finding water for Kainoa - sounds like he is a little fish that you must get some water on quickly!
Chica - kick butt out there! Go just a little faster - I LOVE your coach - sounds like he knows what he's talking about!
Tomorrow is YOUR Day:)

August 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM

 
Blogger rachel said...

Rooting for ya Bree! Race hard and have FUN!!

August 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I have been keeping track all morning. I hope you got that tire changed quickly and you got back out on the road. Keep it up Bree! You are a winner!!!

August 29, 2010 at 2:28 AM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

Go Bree!!Go!

August 29, 2010 at 3:30 AM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

GO BREE GOOOOO

August 29, 2010 at 4:08 AM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

I'll bet you are rockin' it!

August 29, 2010 at 7:47 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

Vamos Bree, te deseamos la mejor carrera y sensaciones !!!

August 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM

 
Blogger bart said...

Go Bree! In 3rd 6miles into the run is a great place to be!
So far it's turning out to be a great training day.
Hope the crowd will give you all the energy you need & you settle into a rythm you can hold till the end.

August 29, 2010 at 8:18 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree! it's race day and you're running in 3rd place. Keep it up girl-) I want to see you on the podium. trying to send you all my positive energy via the net whilst i watch the race coverage!

August 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM

 
Blogger bart said...

3rd over the line in great shape! Great Going!!
Well doen Bree!

August 29, 2010 at 10:42 AM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

You got third! I am so happy to see your podium finish. So very well deserved!

All the best!

Christy

August 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM

 
Blogger SHERRY said...

That BIG smile on your face when you were in the finish chute...THAT's what's it's all about, chica! Way to go, Bree! Congratulations!!!

August 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

hey bree,

this is kinda a dumb question but well I had to ask and figured a pro who loves to ride might be the way to go. I had read this entry before about how you were changing from the 808 to the 1080 rear wheel and was then wondering what type of wheel you had in front and how you decided to use those. reason I'm questioning is I'm not second-guessing a decision I made to rent 808s for IMWI after trialing a pair of 404s at a 70.3 and then having the 404s booked already for IMWI and being left with the 808s. I just don't know if I'm making the right/wrong decision or if I should just stay with my boring non-special wheels. Sorry to be boring you with this, my mind is racing this week with questions.

thanks and take care of that side injury!!

--kate
fit-ink.com

September 8, 2010 at 2:11 PM

 
Blogger weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

November 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

 
Blogger power balance said...

Bid on Power Bracelet now! Find Bracelets. New Colors & Sizes. power balance wholesale Guarantee & Secure Ordering.Power balance USA, Canada, UK Free Shipping. Rosetta Stone allows headstones to provide genealogical and historical information about the deceased directly to cemetery site visitors.

December 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home