Aloha!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kentucky Day 1.

Over the Pacific and across most of the United States we finally landed in Louisville, Kentucky! "Mom, whats a Kentucky?", this Kainoa, is a small part of Kentucky! It's really cool being able to share this adventure with Kainoa. We shared 14 hours of IPOD action together and now this. We were greeted by my parents and instantly they took over.
.
I found myself on the run course, just smiling. Truly this run is awesome. No it's not the usual ocean view or the beautiful mountain back drops, but its so incredibly different than home that I love it. A lot. Every few 100 meters I found myself at a stop light, waiting. It was then I got the idea that if the light was red I'd go right or left and if it was green I'd go straight. Great way to see the little down town, get lost, and score a date! Yes, really... within a matter of a mile I had landed a "ooooooh girl", a "mmmmmmm, nice, real nice, beautiful", and a "what's your plans tonight, you wanna go out?" . It was fun.
.
At one point Kainoa and the grandparents zoomed by on the trolley while I was running! It is AWESOME that they are all here and that Kainoa was already cheering, "go mom" on a training run. From there it was dinner and a little view of the finish line:
See ya Sunday finish line (above). Then we checked out the swim. Kainoa said, "mom, really? Why do you want to go in there?" I suppose the ocean boy is spoiled, just a little, with his swimming beaches back home. (the swim course is below). I'm thankful it's warm!


Kainoa and his grandma spending sunset together down by the water.
To wrap up the day, Kainoa picked me a flower. Back home he brings me a plumeria everyday, rain or shine. He knows I love them. Tonight he couldn't find one, so he picked one from the hotel garden....pretty sweet. We are all exhausted from the travel, time change, and just getting off a very long flight. Tomorrow I want to jump in that river, I heard we aren't allowed just yet...
.
Good night from Kentucky!
Bree & Kainoa.



20 Comments:

Blogger donna furse said...

how are the legs with the long flight? With what happened at South Africa I was wondering if you had to wear compression stockings on the flight? Good luck hopefully your heart and mind are in full swing with your amazing athletic talent this weekend, you should rock this baby out, its your time to shine.

August 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

Oh my, she is Kainoa's grandma!!!
You have good genes Bree. :) - just saying!

Thanks for the pre-race tour... have fun out there it is indeed your time to shine!

Kainoa is so sweet on his Mum, eh?

August 24, 2010 at 11:21 PM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Hey. If there is enough trash in the water maybe we can run the swim.....

August 25, 2010 at 12:46 AM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

GO BREE GO!! you are going to ROCK KY!! I mean, geez, you brought your secret weapon with you and everything! I will be stalking online and cheering for you. This race is YOURS! You are so ready.

August 25, 2010 at 1:10 AM

 
Blogger bart said...

Good Luck Bree!
You've made quite an impact on my life. You've learned me to live in the moment, look at the positives in every situation, and simply enjoy the simple things in life. I've become a happier and healthier person thanks to reading your blog.

I hope this race it'll all come together for you. Love the race and when the going gets though make peace with it and keep going!!

August 25, 2010 at 3:01 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

You have a wonderful son!

August 25, 2010 at 3:17 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

PERFECT race conditions for you! HOT and HUMID. Kill it out there girl..... :-)

August 25, 2010 at 4:38 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

So beautiful to be surrounded by your family. I'm sure that they are in HEAVEN:) Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

August 25, 2010 at 5:50 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Have a great race! We'll be cheering you online! GO BREE!

August 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

AMIGAAAAAAAA !! disfruta de Kentucky con tu familia !!!!
go go go go !!!!!!!! besossssss y sonrisas !!!!!!!!! big hug for Kainoaaaa!

August 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Love seeing the family with you! Kainoa is adorable! Love your daily flowers. Way ton raise that boy right! Xoxo

August 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM

 
Blogger KLP said...

Haha, IMKY definitely screams "Welcome to the Midwest". Have Fun!!!!

August 26, 2010 at 6:22 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

YAY! I can't wait to watch you rock it Sunday!!

August 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I am so excited for you Bree!!! You are so lucky to have your family and Kainoa all there to cheer you on. One day my family will get out to see me race. You are going to do awesome this weekend.

August 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Good luck, Bree! How awesome you have your family there to cheer you on - and Kainoa is a beautiful little boy! I hope this race will be your "One Day" (love that song)and it all comes together for you! :) You are going to rock on Sunday, have fun!!!

August 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

You've got this one, Bree. All the mental work is going to pay off. You can always give a little more than you think you can. We believe in you. Good luck out there. We'll all be rooting for you.

August 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM

 
Blogger Running Librarian said...

Good luck and have fun!

August 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM

 
Blogger TimB said...

Bree: Best wishes in Louisville Ironman. My daugter is a fan and I hope to forward a picture as a volunteer on the bike route (left turn from Lesprit onto 153). Tim B.

August 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

 
Blogger weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

November 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

 
Blogger power balance said...

Bid on Power Bracelet now! Find Bracelets. New Colors & Sizes. power balance wholesale Guarantee & Secure Ordering.Power balance USA, Canada, UK Free Shipping. Rosetta Stone allows headstones to provide genealogical and historical information about the deceased directly to cemetery site visitors.

December 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home