Aloha!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mixed Plate...

In Hawaii mixed plate is the easy way of saying, "A little bit of everything", because truly when you eat plate lunch style you really do get all sorts of this & that in all kinds of ways depending on where your plate was made. Today, after my ride (which thankfully went really good-put it in the bank!), I was grounded. I had to totally mello out, relax, unwind, lay, rest, sleep, recover, do nothing. I hit up the doc for a visit, (only one more to go), got my fix and with coaches orders "chill out".
.
On the way home I dropped into Ceviche Dave's and wouldn't you guess...the best salad on the island was the coolest mixed plate EVER!!! It was the "He make me crazy" salad (that's fish, greens, and lilikoi), and a bikini on the side! How incredibly cool is that!? Talk about my lucky day. Not only does the salad name fit my life the bikini was totally what I needed while I was losing my cool with this dreaded doctor stuff.
It's a rainy, BEAUTIFUL rainy evening here on the island. Love these nights, they calm life down so easily for me. Leaving for IM Kentucky Monday, so that means I'd generally start packing Sunday-Monday at the latest. Since Im grounded I started tonight. Small kine stuff, like clothes. The bike, run, and swim stuff still have some use around here :)
.
My other big time activity while doing my best to get race ready is filling the IPOD for the flight across the Pacific & the mainland. Ooooooh my mix is a good one. A bunch of local bands just released new tunes so I'm already feeling pumped with their energy...so excited! That's all I got for now... hope your week is awesome!
.
Bree



10 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Good luck with the relaxation and rest! The "mixed plate" looks awesome!

August 18, 2010 at 3:18 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer Harrison said...

Bree! Good luck at IMKY - have a great race and BEST wishes next weekend !

August 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

If only my desk lunches looked as exciting as your salad:-). Have a good trip, we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for you

August 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

If only my desk lunches looked as exciting as your salad:-). Have a good trip, we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for you

August 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Oh yeah, it's Mr. Francisco to you said...

I know some of us will get to see the Ironman Kentucky on TV in the Universal Sports NBC channel, they show all the triathlons and most Ironman competition. Have a great trip Bree Bree, I know you will do well.

August 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I love it! Have a great trip and enjoy your weekend before. Give that little man a big hug send off and fly away to the main land to do some playing at IM Louisville. It will be fun all day! Promise! So many of my friends are doing that race.. my heart will be with all of you that day.

August 20, 2010 at 4:52 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I'm confused - the bikini comes with the food?

Safe flight Monday!

August 20, 2010 at 3:26 PM

 
Blogger SHERRY said...

You know I am drooling over that salad. The bikini is nice too... but, oh those greens!!!

August 21, 2010 at 2:22 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I never get a bikini with my blue plate special at lunch. I need to meet this Ceviche Dave.

August 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM

 
Blogger weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

November 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home