Aloha!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Run Till Sunset....

My run finished at sunset, of course it started late afternoon, what a way to finish up the day, to finish up the week. Colors wrapping around palm trees and folding around the sunset. Just never can get enough sunsets in my life and surprisingly, even after the millions I've seen they never look alike, even at the same beach!
The morning started early. Kainoa and I took a long drive South, (well, long in Hawaii standards since going around the entire island is possible in about 5 hours). We filled a few bags and a box full of avocados, lychee, mangos, honey, apples, Kona grown cacao, kiwi, pineapple, just one tomato, nuts, seaweed, fish, bananas, greens, beets, radish, lilikoi, and a few other must haves. Farmers markets are not a safe place for me, its the colors that cause me to grab everything and make an edible rainbow...
The foods I'm totally hooked on lately are SUPER SIMPLE MANGO SALSA, really, it's so easy, not like the other mango salsas that take 52 ingredients, and EDAMAME DIP. Phewww, dangerous stuff. Kainoa & I made up a few batches of both and called it snack time...then nap time...then run time for me and play with the auntie, uncle, and nephew for him. Again this LATE run thing was a bit awkward, but when I landed at the beach it was totally worth it.
.
It was that late afternoon sun to start, then the shadows falling on the day came out, and before long it was cooling off and the sky was growing dark. Funny how those long runs start out feeling tired and a bit sluggish yet finish with some new awakening...


Loved this day, from start to finish it was a near perfect Sunday.
Have a great week!
.
Bree



7 Comments:

Blogger Trigirlpink said...

What No Recipe for the dips? Commme on Bree.. I STILL MAKE THE BANANA BREAD WITH THE COCONUT OIL!! :-)

August 2, 2010 at 1:57 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your perfect weekends are magical. And that food is divine!

August 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger RR said...

recipe please!!! :) i need some new dips around here

August 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM

 
Blogger rachel said...

yes agreed..we love your recipes! I still make the banana bread too, and the Puako bars! mmm mmmm :)

August 3, 2010 at 7:13 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Yeah, cough up that mango salsa recipe. I will trade you a recipe for black bean soup that 5 kids fell in love with and left me only a 1/4 of a cup in the pot.

August 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great pics as usual. Makes us jealous.

August 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home