Aloha!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

World Champs IPOD Playlist

This morning Sam & I were running out of E-Lab back up to Queen K when the most amazing up-a-tiny-hot-hill song came on, it was enough to make me almost break out some dance moves in the middle of a long run...seriously, it was awesome.
.
Then we thought about this time 3 Saturdays from this morning we will be racing in the Ironman! At that moment I had to give a shout out, a great big mahalo to all the great singers of the world that have landed on my IPOD and sung me through so many rides & runs right into race day...
.
My friends, these are just a few of my IPOD songs jammin' at the moment...ENJOY :) Oh, if you came here for something to read rather than listen, you can read an interview here that I did a couple weeks ago with Florida boy Joel. He has A LOT of pro interviews, so check him out :)
.
  • Pure Aloha by Sudden Rush/BET (I Listen to this song first every work out to set the mood for appreciating the island while I ride & run all over it)
  • Numba 1 (Tide is High) by Kardinal Offishall (this is the song that got me out of E-Lab and jammin' back to K-Town)
  • Ocean by Kimie (Gotta support the Kona girl)
  • Superman by Goldfinger (Goldfinger was my favorite band in High School, we always played their cd's on the way to surf, so you know, I had to toss a few of their songs to run with now).
  • Akaku by Tierra Kekaula (this is BY FAR one of my most favorite songs in the universe, get it on ITunes because she is not on You Tube).
  • Just the way you are by Bruno Mars
  • Billionaire remixed by Bruno Mars & BET (Bruno has a few versions but of course I love the one with BET tossed in for the island jams of it. I always get crap for liking this song from some friends, but really its so fun to sing too...)
  • If I by Ryan Hiraoka (Big Island boy that I totally admire, 'nuff said)
  • Love I by The Green (this was my best song when I was sad about liking a boy that didnt like me back, it brings back super memories of strong running)
  • Genuine by Ace/Sudden Rush/Ho'okoa (absolutely LOVE this song...Hawaii represent, cheeehooooo!! Wish they had a You Tube so you could hear it, but it's Hawaii boys jammin')
  • Tropically Fine by Oshen
  • Shine on by Needtobreath
  • Island boy by Ilona
  • Smokin' Session by Fiji
  • Tequila Sunrise by Fji (it's a bummer You Tube doesn't have their original but I found this one so you can have a tiny bit of an idea)
  • 808 by Southern Kumiford (it's a naughty song that totally tells it like it is on the island)
  • Nice to know ya by J Boog
  • Wrong Way by Sublime (Parents DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS see this....well, there are a few Sublime songs on the list and this one has my favorite beats in music, but I warned you, this band is not G-rated okay under 18 year olds)
  • Bathroom Floor by Shaggy (confession, been a Shaggy fan for most my life and somethings never change, it was on last years IPOD list too, of course my mom never approved of this when I lived at home...)
  • All Nighter by Elan & Gwen Stephani
  • Temperature by Sean Paul (um.... dont watch this video if you don't do anything over G-rated, its not bad but you can think naughty about it, sadly it's like I'm still in 8th grade at a school dance with the songs of his on my IPOD, just can't help it sometimes).

Okay, I think that's enough songs, it would take forever to put them all on here and I have an easy sunset run to do with Jason, love double run Sunday.... happy swimbikerunning :)

Bree




7 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

The right tunes make all the difference! Glad you are feeling better each day Bree! Beautiful photo of Kainoa

September 19, 2010 at 4:44 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Cool tunes, all very chilled! have to share my fave with you at the moment:
Dynamite - taio cruz :-)

September 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

Alot of songs I havent heard before, I like alot of them, thanks for sharing.

September 21, 2010 at 11:25 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

This gets a star in th reader...I need new tunes....bad! Thanks for taking the time to do all those links!

September 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM

 
Blogger David said...

Thanks for posting these, Bree. I have been listening to Kardinal Offishall - Numba 1 since you posted last week (the version with Keri Hilson is better, I think, than the version with Rihanna).

September 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Nice that you threw out some kudos to Sublime. Good luck in the big show.

September 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM

 
Blogger Lisa T said...

Yeah! I love new song tips! Thanks!

September 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home