Aloha!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Behind The Scenes of This Pro Triathlete...

My day began with a little interview & some lovely photos with the Argon 18 crew. DO I look like I have a clue what the heck is going on? Not really.... I just love my bike and thank these guys for it, as for photos and answering questions, may I please have a stunt double :)
Round one... um, do I sit straight up? At least we are at the beach right? Thankfully I LOVE these guys so I'm not completely embarrassed at how out of place I feel looking at a camera and speaking at the same time. Good thing that career I once wanted as the weather girl never came true. Oh it was good fun...and finally, 42 tries later, MY RACE DAY GAME face photo is complete:
Does that say, "I wanna race" or what?! ha ha.... so very excited. The entire day was amazing. From there it was a bike ride where I got to be filmed on my trusty Argon 18. Kinda funny riding with a camera checking you out, I just wanted to wave and flash some shaka signs, but I was supposed to ride natural. hmmm.... Then I focused on my "ride of the day". It was all sorts of good!
.
After that.... more visits. More things to do, then I realized I almost forgot about 2 meetings, 2 showings at the Expo (please come visit Wednesday-KSwiss at 10 & Argon 18 at 3pm), 2 dinners, packet pick up, check in, get my race day gear, and a couple other things that I only remembered because I actually wrote them down. It was at that moment my friend Wendy took over. She's a school teacher and is out for Fall Break, she got me organized, came on my Argon meeting, and has thankfully offered to help with this, that, and the other. The only thing that didn't slip my mind was getting Kainoa from school. It was then that life got calm again, ahhhhh...like a normal day in motherhood.
Got the awesome KSwiss race kit, we all did. My colors are neon blue (its my favorite color in the world) it turned out a little darker but I still love it, and pink. I'm not really a pink girl, the pink is for my mom since she WISHED to be here but wont be able to, its her favorite color. OF course on the back side it says KAINOA. Ahhh, so stoked. Another super high-light of my day was Kainoa's daddy offering to bring Kainoa down to the finish line!! WOW, it was so incredibly cool to have that help and it meant the world to me! THEN one of the volunteers took it a step further and said that if Kainoas dad can get him over the finish line Kainoa can wait there to give me my finishers medal, AMAZING. Score one for the home team!! ha ha, so stoked...
.
That's not all though, after the LONGEST day of running around I had to chill with some fresh fish so Da Poke Shack I landed and today they hooked me up with my lunch FREE! What a day.... oh, and thankfully, even after sitting out for a LONG time busted up with the ribs the NEW BLUE SEVENTY speedy suit fit! I got to meet up with the Blue Seventy crew and saw the tiny thing and felt nervous, but it got on :) Then they showed me their new line of swim suits:

That was my day, nothing too hard or too long, just a lot of this and that here and there. At the end of all I'm so thankful to those that support me, the triathlon sponsors, friends, family, local shops, and of course Kainoa's daddy making my day with that super offer to have my side kick at the finish! Kona is amazing right now, beaming with excitement and across the street from my house is a giant aid station (see above). I'm thinking they should leave that there for me all year long, ha ha...
.
Aloha,
Bree








8 Comments:

Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Sounds like it is going to be a perfect day with the perfect finish!!
Have fun and we will be watching.

October 5, 2010 at 3:04 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

Bonita equipacion Amiga! tun tun tun tun tun tun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 5, 2010 at 3:11 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

great kit, aid station right outside your house, having your picture taken, being filmed and getting a FREE lunch at the Da poke shack.....it sounds like you're having a great race week!

I also hope you manage to get some rest before saturday. I've been ready all your posts and loved knowing all that's going on in your beautiful island. As i can't be there this is the next best thing. cheers :-)

October 5, 2010 at 4:17 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love that you get family at the finish line, I am still waiting for that day, maybe next season

October 5, 2010 at 5:51 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

You are going to be awesome! Very cool for Kainoa.

October 5, 2010 at 6:38 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love it when the universe makes it all possible! You look so happy Bree!

October 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM

 
Blogger Lisa G said...

Yay! So excited for you to race on Saturday! You will do great. And the race kit looks awesome!

October 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Bree, so glad to hear that your >ahem< injured area is on the mend. Kick major ass this weekend! We'll be all be watching and cheering for you.

Diggin' the cool kit, even though the Trakkers needed to be green! :-)

October 5, 2010 at 5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home