Aloha!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nothing But Undies....

So last night I sent a little text over to coach, it went like this: Coach, can I run in the underwear run tomorrow? He wrote back: Of course! And that was that. Simple, I like simple. Last year I skipped it trying really hard to focus entirely on the race and nothing of excitement, (because you know half naked men can be exciting). Let's just say race day wasn't all that I was hoping for. 2007 I did the under wear run and race day was more than I was ever hoping for. I've decided maybe running in underwear with a lot of other people 2 days out from the race is better for me than sleeping in... this morning I woke up and went to work in under wear...
Thankfully I found this butt. It's Mike Lovato, seeing him made me feel a little better because you know the saying, "Be like Mike"....he will race well and here he is in undies...



Let's just say putting over 400 people on Alii Drive in less than swim suits helps you let loose of the pre race flutter and butterflies that take over. Yesterday was so busy I named it BIG WEDNESDAY, Thursday needed to be less hectic, then I can cruise into "Focus Friday" tomorrow where it is all about game day.
See the guy on the right in the red undies? Well, when this whole parade of panties was over we put on clothes and went for a real run. It was in the energy lab, just 30 minutes in there. Coach wanted me to enjoy it, think good thoughts in there, and be focusing on that section as it tends to be crucial on race day. It was a very good run, we were the ONLY people down there so it felt like a little escape and my mission was accomplished.
Tonight was the big pasta party, I still felt completely riled up from BIG WEDNESDAY that Kainoa and I skipped the pasta and people and went for poke. PERFECT. It was just him and I on our little mom n' son date. Then, like all small towns, when Da Poke Shop closed the boys who run it came out to talk story with us, perfect meal, perfect company, perfectly peaceful. Then it was home sweet home to wrap up the day. We were welcomed home to balloons on the door and this amazing door decoration too. Talk about "feelin' the love". I am so thankful for the friends & family I've been blessed with. All of them...
Kainoa just asked for a second bed time story, so that's the plan, then the pillows. 2 more sleeps, then...swimbikerun time :)
.
Aloha,
Bree



9 Comments:

Blogger chr15 said...

Good luck Bree! x2
Race fast!

The underwear run looks a reat way to let a little fun in a decompress pre-race!

October 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

Very funny!
Good luck Bree!!
Your spanish fans support you, go Bree!!

October 8, 2010 at 3:06 AM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

Have a great race, Bree! I'll be thinking of you all day!

October 8, 2010 at 3:44 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Happy Focus Friday!

October 8, 2010 at 4:19 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Nice underpants! You look and sound great! Excited to watch how you do. You'll have a ton of fun out there.

October 8, 2010 at 4:40 AM

 
Blogger Slow Rider said...

One GREAT BIG GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Knoxville, Tn will be cheering for you

October 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

 
Blogger Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

That run looks like so much fun! We had one here that I wanted to do, but couldn't!
I'm so excited for you!

October 8, 2010 at 1:17 PM

 
Blogger Angela and David said...

I went to the Da Poke Shack yesterday to get our lunch and they said "Let me guess, you know about this place because of Bree Wee's blog?" Busted.

And I saw you and Kainoa walking around the expo while I was walking around with my little boy but thought it was a little weird to just come up to you and say I "know" you from your blog.

Good luck tomorrow!

October 8, 2010 at 1:45 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Been reading your blog and I've commented a few times... I'm a runner (and did my first sprint tri this year, loved it!), but will be doing the Chicago marathon on Sunday (I'm a friend of Jen H). Just wanted to wish you "Good luck" tomorrow!!! You are going to ROCK! I love reading about your journeys... you are truly inspiring! What a beautiful life you have! I will be cheering you on from Chicago!! Keep dreaming, you are amazing... and thanks! ;)

October 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home