Aloha!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Pupule....

The beautiful ocean that I love so much, my little hiding spot and place of daily adventures, so calm...even with the buoys set for the swim tomorrow it looks inviting. At 6:30 tomorrow morning, 14 minutes after sunrise, it's gonna be crazy (pupule). My heart is already pounding, I sort of feel like the pasta is about to come back up. This feeling is so bitter sweet, it makes me crazy and drives me to find a distraction, deep down I know I should embrace it and use it for focus fuel. The sweet part means I care about what is about to happen. To show up on the start line without these butterflies would mean all my sacrifices have meant nothing...

My morning was spent with Kainoa. We were in no hurry to begin the day despite getting up at 4:30. Our tradition before Hawaii races is to give a little love to Pele. After all this is her rock and we just swimbikerun all over it. So we had a little moment, simple, quiet, and let all the love of the island that has become such a part of who I am float back into the ocean with a lei from Kainoa and me. It's always so beautiful watching lei's float out to sea, not sure what it is but something about them going out deep and not knowing where they will wash up on shore kind of excites me. We find lei's all the time and I hope others find ours. From there it was time for Kainoa to learn at school and me to get down to business in my tri-life.

A little swim, a little ride, and all that packet stuff, bag stuff, bike check stuff. Thankfully I had a flat yesterday, Ive been told getting a flat before the race is like having a bad dress rehearsal and bad dress rehearsals always make for good opening nights. I'll support that idea :)
.
The day was rather long yet super smooth sailing. The day was also filled with more love than imagined. Seriously, it just kept on pouring out in so many directions from all the great people in my life. Thankfully I was able to lend a hand to a few people too, it kind of helped me feel the balance again as it was WAY off the charts how much it felt like everyone was doing for me in the way of support. The high light was getting the bags on the pier, phewwwww, relief! Now they wait...so exciting. I was then told the most hilarious pre-race plan of my life, (not from my coach), from a friend. He decided to be my "couch coach" as he would be on his couch all day tomorrow cheering for me... he said since I pay him in pineapples he wont leave the couch-ha ha, lazy or what!? He told me to take a day off looking at turtles and dolphins and to not look at the hula girl on my bike (but to focus), its a game, if I look at her she gets points, if I focus ahead I get points...on the run I have to pretend to be 5 years old again!! Ha ha ha, I wish I could put the full story in detail on here but that's a touch of it. SO I got my plan I AM READY :)
.
Missing Kainoa a lot tonight, its so hard on race nights to spend them silently alone, however it leaves me with more time to think on the race and makes me want to get to that finish line all the quicker to grab hold of him and the friends that will be waiting...
Finally, no phone and no camera can be taken tomorrow (that was also part of couch coach's plan), so it is now taken out of my top where it usually hides on training days.... tomorrow is the BIG DANCE. THANK YOU ALL for the support and love that has been lavished upon me. I'm gonna race with all my heart 'cause that's how I live. And for those of you that did not qualify or are too injured to race, this is for you! I missed qualifying twice this season and also was side lined unable to breathe or even swim, but thankfully tomorrow it all worked out in the end that Ill be starting, so I'll give it an extra push for you, 'cause I know you would if you were able to start tomorrow....
.
Aloha ahiahi...
Bree



14 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

JAJAJA bonito post el anterior!
AMIGA : toda la fuerza y alegria para mañana! estare muy pendiente de ti desde casa.ANIMOS y DISFRUTA como sabes !!!!! te deseamos la mejor carrera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!
;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
tum tum tum tum tum tum........

October 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM

 
Blogger Robert Lejeune said...

Good luck today Bree, I will be cheering for you from home :)

You are the best!!

October 8, 2010 at 11:47 PM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Best of luck Bree from the Sumbal's!! We are all routing for you to have an enjoyable race and to smile the entire way!

October 9, 2010 at 12:57 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Have a great race!

October 9, 2010 at 1:44 AM

 
Blogger Running Librarian said...

Good luck and have lots of fun!

October 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

Go get 'em!

October 9, 2010 at 3:51 AM

 
Blogger Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I loved this post!
You are going to do awesome today!
Good luck!!!

October 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM

 
Blogger Claire said...

Go Bree! You rock!

October 9, 2010 at 5:40 AM

 
Blogger Kona-California said...

Go Bree!.....Good luck...friends and family are cheering you on!!!

October 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Go Bree!

October 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

just seen you cut across the finish line with thatbig smile of yours. cheers girly

October 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM

 
Blogger Claire said...

Yay Bree! I just watched you cross the finish line on Ironman Live! Congrats!!!

October 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM

 
Blogger Christy said...

I had the whole family including my goober husband waiting for ya by the computer to cross the line. You looked GREAT! And I do believe you had the most fans, too! CONGRATULATIONS, an awesome race for injury comeback!!!
Christy

October 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

I was tracking you on the computer - amazing job, way to come back strong from injury. You are so inspiring! I can't wait to hear your RR. Congrats!

October 10, 2010 at 2:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home