Aloha!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reppin' The Bikini For Bikini Island....

ALRIGHT... You're turn. We need some votes!!
My GOAL was to get 56 people to put on a bikini in hopes of raising awareness of the Marshallese and the Bikini Island Bombing 56 years ago. Let me tell ya, getting people in a bikini was A LOT harder than I ever, EVER, imagined! Sadly, I missed my goal of 56, happily, those that did support the bikini contest were AWESOME!
.
The highlight for me was a handful of my guy pals, I really, REALLY wanted them to play. You'd think I'd ask them to chop their balls off getting in a bikini, it was looking sad. Last night was the deadline and in a desperate attempt to reach 56 I managed to get 3 more! One at the bike shop, one at the grocery store, and one at the beach. All of them were nearly causing me to give up hope, not even free surf trunks for winning the contest had them at all excited to wear a bikini. I think after seeing me pour my heart into this project they understood it was for more than a photo and beyond all expections, I ended up with not 3, but 4 of the guys in bikinis!
.
Really, truly, thank you from my heart to those that supported this, it meant a lot even if I didn't reach the 56 goal. Okay, now is your turn to help.... PLEASE vote for these awesome participants. The female gets a free bikini and the male with most votes get free surf trunks, (or a bikini if he was really into this project). In the comments just write the word under the photo you like, one girl and one boy. You can also vote "like" on facebook, yep...two votes count....
Big Island Massage Man
Fountain Girl
Kaloko
KPN
MOE
Canada Girl
Okay
POPO
Kelso
Kiwi
Sandy KTA
Jeepin'
Chica
Pool Shoot
GG
Bikini Belly
Snow-Kini
Burrr buns
yoga momma
trainer girl
Brazilian
Iron woman
Stereo man
Bike boy
Library
Coppertone
surf girl
itty bitty bikini




35 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Library Pic!!!!

October 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM

 
Blogger lterst said...

i like the library :)

October 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Jeepin and bike boy.

October 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

 
OpenID Jennifer said...

hysterical! The men all get my vote, but Sandy and KTA take the cake. Can I give my girl vote to 2 guys? If not, probably KTA is the winner for bravery and overall hotness.

October 30, 2010 at 1:03 PM

 
Blogger Stef said...

Ironwoman!

October 30, 2010 at 1:11 PM

 
Blogger BreeWee said...

yeah Jen, sure, you can cast 2 votes on boys, just not on the same person..... cool....

October 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Pat said...

Bikini Belly has to be the best. Two votes one for mom and one for baby Summer. Pat Mccary

October 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Giacomarra Schrader said...

KTA and Library

October 30, 2010 at 2:20 PM

 
Blogger DaveP said...

iron woman

October 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM

 
Blogger Dee Dee said...

Ironwoman!!!!

October 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM

 
Blogger Deb said...

IRON WOMAN - HANDS DOWN!

October 30, 2010 at 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Pancit said...

Iron Woman! She is so hot!

October 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

Word gets around. This is a good start! Iron woman! Old peeps rock ;-)

October 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM

 
Blogger Jade Lady said...

Ironwoman gets my vote!!!

October 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM

 
Blogger Aimee said...

Guys-KTA
Girls-Bikini Belly
:)

October 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM

 
Blogger lizzie lee said...

Iron Woman!!!! As long as she really irons!!!

October 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM

 
Blogger pedalpower said...

Canada (cause I love the umbrella and rain boots combo!) and bike boy.

October 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Founain (cuz that takes balls), canada (just super adorable, cute and creative), snow (hello...freezing!) , bike! (made me laugh the hardest because he has worked on my bike so much!) These are my faves.....do I need to pick just one (then Canda and bike...okay that is two, but one of each gender!)

tn

October 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie Boeckmann said...

Fountain girl, cause she almost got caught!! haaha!

October 30, 2010 at 7:45 PM

 
Blogger Petraruns said...

IronWoman because she is so awesome that I love her even though she looks amazing in a bikini!

October 30, 2010 at 9:13 PM

 
Blogger And Miles 2 Go said...

KPN. Wow!

October 31, 2010 at 12:25 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

KTA has my vote, just look at that lady's expression in the background!!!

October 31, 2010 at 12:40 AM

 
Blogger Marlene said...

Iron Woman!!!!!

October 31, 2010 at 1:22 AM

 
Blogger lindsay said...

love all of them -- but IRONWOMAN gets my vote! :)

October 31, 2010 at 3:44 AM

 
Blogger Kimberly said...

KTA and Snow-Kini. Anyone willing to stand in that much snow with that little on deserves a vote. And in the grocery store? Brave!

October 31, 2010 at 4:47 AM

 
Blogger :(&) said...

KTA and Snow-kini!!!

October 31, 2010 at 2:18 PM

 
Blogger Twila and Kris said...

KTA and bikini belly!

October 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM

 
Blogger marten said...

kaloko - awesome body; looks good in bikini

big island massage man - full frontal

November 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM

 
Blogger IAN said...

KTA & Library. Hi Bree!

November 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM

 
Blogger Red Rock Chica @ Red Rock World said...

Oh darn. Saw your post too late...could've sent a lot more guy/bikini pics...lots of crazy ones runnin around here :-) Anyway, my vote goes to the bike mechanic...those guys never get due attention! Cheers, La

November 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi! I'll vote for "Burr Buns" and "library". Great photos!

November 1, 2010 at 3:32 PM

 
Blogger Damie said...

so hard not to vote for GG because that pic always cracks me up.

November 2, 2010 at 6:16 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

I was too late to play in the contest, but I LOVE this idea. You should definitely do it again. Plus it makes for tons of eye candy on your facebook page. ;-)

And getting your guy friends to wear bikinis is pretty hilarious. Your friends sure have a good sense of humor.

November 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM

 
Blogger Jake said...

Ha Ha this is a really funny post!

spas in hawaii

November 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM

 
Blogger gregbeddor said...

Found this page while looking for the Island Surf, very funny!

February 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home