Aloha!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Got Pictures...

This is how I felt after the race, very much like a girl with her heart ripped out. As life goes, I'm not one to stay mad, grumpy, or sad for too long, so off to explore Cozumel we went. I adore this place so much that without even hesitating I was able to say, "Next year when I race here..." and I meant it. I want to return for the 3rd year in a row. The place, the course, the people, all of it is pretty much my ideal environment and loops, I love loops when I race. That's where I ended the chatter of triathlon and opened the doors to my entire life, not just swimbikerun. Every intention now is to just live fully with focus on just that...
.
Okay, so I did make my "2011 race list". I know, I know, pure punishment... enjoy a break and then come back to the list. BUT I could not resist, triathlon is very much a part of me and it felt good to have a tiny thought set in motion for whats to come, now Ill leave the list alone till January 2011 comes sweeping in. ALOHA HOLIDAY SEASON :)
I plan to overdose on coconuts, all things coconut! Climb coconut trees, paint them, eat them, cook and bake with them, rub them in my hair and on my skin... that's a start. For real though, the holidays will be around the kitchen with friends involved. Tonight was day 1 of that goal. Landed and for dinner Kainoa and I made a home made apple pie with coconut oil and acai for our guest! More time to create recipes... yes please!
AMIGOS... I'm looking forward to staying up past 8pm and meeting them later for swims. I'm looking forward to camping, exercising with them (not training), fishing, surfing, hiking, snorkeling, you name it, now is the time to let all the people that have been along for the ride know how much they mean to me...
Find some new adventures, like play in the snow on Mauna Kea!!
um...maybe.
Yes, lots of beach time is in the near future.




It feels great to be home and I'm more than ready to let the Christmas season take over. Most all our lights are hung, tomorrow we go for the tree, and of course there are TONS of things to wrap up for the Marshallese project. Alright, that's pretty much all I got for the evening. It was 24 hours and 20 minutes of travel to get home to the island and my own bed sounds amazing tonight. I really appreciate the kindness lavished upon me for the less than exciting race performance Sunday, it means a lot to have support nearly unconditionally...
.
Time to unwind, cheers!!
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Buena actitud Amiga !!! genial Cozumel !! enviave un coco a Spain !!! ;DDDD

November 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM

 
Blogger Caratunk Girl said...

Hey Bree, enjoy the unwinding - I am looking forward to your offseason adventures.

December 1, 2010 at 5:06 AM

 
Blogger SHERRY said...

Gorgeous pics! Hope you are chillaxin' as best as you can! :-)

December 2, 2010 at 7:45 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Giacomarra Schrader said...

"nearly"?

December 2, 2010 at 8:02 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree that's the way to do it, just focus on the good stuff. Fantastic pics as always. do share those cocnut recipes with us will you?
And....er....you just reminded me that I haven't put up mu xmas tree. oh no!

December 8, 2010 at 1:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home