Aloha!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nachos For Breakfast....

I watched the sunset tonight and just felt amazed in complete astonishment at the life I've been given...what a beautiful life. My season began in South Africa with the sunrises and it's about to come to a close in Mexico with a sunrise, so amazed. There is nothing easy about racing 140.6 miles and its nothing short of a very big accomplishment. Tomorrow will be the 10th time I run across an Ironman finish line and I'm still humbled during the journey leading up to the race and still holding respect for the distance. Even after a handful of races this season a few strong butterflies dance in my belly. It never gets easy for me to pack the transition bags then settle in for a smooth night sleep the night before, I've only learned to go with it...
If I look only at what tomorrow holds the day more than excites me... it's so much of what I love. Open water swimming is a passion that compares second to very few things in my life. The bike and I have ridden all over the world and yet I want on it more and more. Running is perhaps one of the very best parts of most days of my life. To be in Mexico, to have great people all around me, it sets the day up for a fearless day of fun. When you throw in the word "race" I'm still listening. To toss in goals, yes please. The rest, these feelings, I'm not sure how they got there or how to explain them. Maybe it's a tiny bit of pressure I place on me, knowing this is how the roof stays over Kainoa's head, perhaps that is the fear that sometimes trys to creep into all that I love about tomorrow...Kainoa, tomorrow is for you.
Loving Mexico again this year, a place I hope to return to many times in this life. It's a beautiful place with gorgeous people and little beaches that hug the bluest of blue water. Tomorrow I'm athlete number46. Or...Bimbo#46. At any other time I'd prefer not to have that word meshed with my name, but for tomorrow, Bimbo#46 will be just fine and I'll be sure to enjoy it all up!
Bimbo #46 is ready to rock n' roll. Or swimbikerun. The bike and bags are checked, the prerace meal is in the belly, including nachos at breakfast. I'm not sure how nachos replace cereal here at some mornings, but I ate them. When given food in a country such as Mexico it's impolite to say no...there is now a fiesta in my belly!
LOTS of "thanks" and muchas gracias go out to those that have supported the beauty of my dreams. From sponsors, family, friends, to people you meet in the streets, it's been one of the best parts of having a dream. Being surrounded by encouragement really helps keep everything in motion, forward motion and I'd never be this far along the path without those that invest their time and energy into me, THANK YOU. Gracias to my amigos here on the island that have helped keep me from homesickness and of course the Spanglish that often gets me into some unwanted trouble. Back home on the island, thank you to my swim team & training partners that push n' punish me. To the greatest friends a girl could ever have, to my sister and her family for the help along the way, to a certain boy that I can't wait to hug again, and to Kainoa- the entire reason why everything in this life is as beautiful as it is for me, I love you son.
Alright, last race of the season... time to give it all that I got and you all are along for the ride. Hula girl n' me, lo tenemos! Todo lo mejor (all the best) to all the athletes racing tomorrow, see you at the finish line. And volunteers, thank you in advance... you are priceless!
Buenos Noches from Bimbo#46!!



8 Comments:

Blogger Laura Wheatley said...

Have a great race Bree... see you out there :)

November 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM

 
Blogger SSB said...

So bummed I'm not there. I want a bimbo number.

November 27, 2010 at 6:55 PM

 
Blogger Alex said...

Goodluck!

November 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Go Bree, good luck! Thanks for inspiring us!! Kick some IM booty!!!

November 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

 
Blogger gelmertri said...

Here is hoping your transitions and nutrition is there- all that is left is to Go Fast!

November 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

that bit of nerves befgore a race is a small price to pay for getting to so someting you love in such a beautiful place. Just remember the "fun" bit is far greater than the "nerves" bit. Every job has its pros and cons:-)
and nachos for breakfast? well they're made of corn...so are corn flakes. Have lots of fun today, I'll try to follow the race online and will be thinking of you. VAMOS BREEEEEEEE1

November 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Go get 'em, Bree! Today is your day!

November 28, 2010 at 3:24 AM

 
Blogger Jolene said...

Gonna watch you all day today! Have fun! Come back safe! What a great way to end your season/year!

November 28, 2010 at 6:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home