Aloha!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Packing...

I'm not sure why but packing has always been on the bottom of my "enjoy" list. Travel is near the top of my "enjoy" list and well, that makes packing part of it. But I just don't enjoy it. It's so weird having to put things tucked away with the single thought that you might use them in some far away place. Or you might not, which leaves me in the mess that is now scattered on my floor, the "might or might not" use them...
.
So there they sit. My entire morning was free to begin the packing process that needs to be ready to fly Monday. Not a single thing has begun, now the morning is afternoon, and it's almost time to get Kainoa from school. It's enough to drive me crazy...
.
Yesterday was the most beautiful swim, dolphins galore, Id rather be there in the ocean. Then the kind of run that hurts so good, Id prefer that all over again to packing. The evening was wrapped up with Kainoa playing in the shore break-picture perfect sunset included. I'd take more of those, over this packing disaster that is pure torture for this girl...

Next stop... Ironman Mexico and it's not gonna go too smooth if I don't get my swimbikerun and all the other stuff into my luggage. Then one more time into transition bags, that way I can be enjoying race morning, (like the above photo), not stressing if I have it all together. Looks like I need a challenge, I'm going to race myself into packing. Like set a goal, have the clothes done by Friday, the race gear by Saturday, the bike by Sunday...totally do-able.
Alright, enough moaning and groaning, I'm thankful to have a trip set up, a race left this season, and Mexico in waiting. In the midst of my packing procrastination I was reading a surf mag with an Andy Irons article. It was all about how he was ready for a come back, ready to tackle the surf world with focus and purpose after his little burn out/recovery season. Sadly, soon after that article was printed and he was onto the contest tours he never made it back home, back to the top of his game. It still haunts me to think about his death, he will forever be remembered for his honest passion in all things life and the way he helped me to give it another go all the times I was faced with push n' shove. This is a photo of his final ocean moment, he will remain there as ashes in the very place he loved the most. It got me thinking about my race, I'm glad I have another one this season even if it means packing...
.
Live Aloha,
Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger LittleRachet said...

Hey! That's me in that pic with you!!! I'm excited you are racing Coz again. GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!

November 17, 2010 at 2:14 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Bree I wish you the best at Cozumel. I can't wait to read all the great detsils.

November 18, 2010 at 4:27 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Woo Hoo!!! 4 Sleeps away!!! How long is the flight? I look forward to seeing you there. Greyhound says we moms have to stay out of mischief. Us??? Troublemakers??? Nah, not us...

November 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

 
Blogger Heidi Austin said...

Good luck at cozumel! i hate packing too. i like to leave my options open until last minute. go bree!

November 19, 2010 at 4:28 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm exactly the same with packing, it start out really well with all the essentials, then doubt creeps in adn I start adding more stuff just in case!:-) my suitcase ends up wighing so much they alwys put one of those warning labels "heavy Case". the dolphins are adorable. Have a good trip and enjoy IM CZM.

November 19, 2010 at 9:40 AM

 
Blogger Shawn and Tracy said...

Best of luck Bree, I hate packing too;-)
Tracy

November 22, 2010 at 7:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home