Aloha!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hibernating...

I must confess, the past (almost 6 weeks), of hibernating have been beautiful. Lots of weekends exploring secluded beaches, playing in Mauna Kea snow, spear fishing and snorkel adventures, slumber parties in a bed too small for me and my favorite 4 year old, lots of outings with friends, days in bikinis, some surf, nights under sunsets, and of course the Marshallese Project. More than ever I feel refreshed, recovered, and ready to tackle the next season of life & sport. In fact, a plan has been set in motion, some races have been entered, and the training plan has been put up...but I got knocked down.
.
Sometime between stepping on wana, not sleeping for what feels like weeks, standing in the pouring rain down South, the freezing rain again Christmas Eve at the outside church, then Kainoa barfing on me...I landed in bed for 17 hours! My body just sort of said, "let's chill here". So I did. I'm over the bed though and got back in the ocean today, hung with the doctor too, and plan to get on the bike tomorrow.







This is the day I knew hibernation was coming for me... Kainoa sat on a rock rather than held his fishing pole. Sure enough, I was covered in puke later that night. He's good to go again and I'm hot on his heals to recovery from this holiday roller coaster we got on.
Oh, let me leave you with a holiday recipe (a super easy one). We call them Snow Balls. Get 1 cup of dates (no pits), 1/2 cup of nuts (any kind other than peanut, we mixed pecans and mac nuts). Mix REALLY well in the food processor. Once mixed, add in 3 cap fulls of liquid peppermint, 1/2 cup of shredded coconut & 1/4 cup carob chips (totally optional and if you aren't concerned about fitting into a bikini at this time make them chocolate chips). Roll into balls and then roll in more coconut shreds. It's better than a candy cane :)
.
Hope the holidays are all colors BEAUTIFUL. Almost 2011, whooop whoooop!!
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sorry to hear the bug got you down but it sounds like you're on the rebound and love the recipe. Hugs and Happy New Year!

December 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Feel better soon!

December 29, 2010 at 5:01 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Just seen your post and we're already in 2011!!! Happy to know that you're feeling much better.
:-)

January 1, 2011 at 11:18 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Is that a sea cucumber or a sea slug someone is holding up???

January 3, 2011 at 1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home