Aloha!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home...

This has been an incredible week at home. From the sunrises to sunsets, moments barefoot in the sand, sun drenched runs along the coastline, tropical rides down South, up and over hills, and swims beneath oceans of blue. Some days felt like I was running faster than my feet could go, other days it felt like I had the moment firmly in my hand, and at the weeks end it has been more training in 7 days than I have endured the entire month of December. Here I go again, another season.
Having coach on the island opened the door for me to experience Lance Armstrong up close. Starting the week with him set me up for a much more focused "mini training camp" than imaginable. Just being in the presence of such talent and watching from a distance, (at times a very big distance), in some small way rubbed off some new motivation & focus I've been hoping to embrace. It's almost as if that child-like passion I once held for triathlon was ignited all over again. The kind where you want to ride your bike even when you're tired. The kind when you want to run even if your laces are untied. And you even feel like swimming in cold water. That kind of passion, purely 'cause you really enjoy it and taking it for granted is not an option...

Riding towards the snow (above). Both Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa were covered in white this week. The ocean was also filled with giant swells and waves the size of small houses. Most of my days were filled with hours on the bike. Long rides, recovery rides, hilly rides, solo rides, rides with friends, rides behind Lance. Home sweet home was a play ground everywhere I went!
Mauna Kea with some good ol' white stuff :)
Recovery swim after a very long ride in some good ol' white stuff (shore break).



Looking out over the week, it has me incredibly thankful for the people in my life, the experiences they help me to have, and excitement of what's to come. Week 1 of "back in season" is in the books and it was a good one! I'm ready for a long sleep after this, tomorrow it starts again...
.
Happy Training,
Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Aloha AMIGAAA! como estas? siempre disfrutando de KONA !!!!! big hug!

January 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM

 
Blogger ADC said...

What a perfect week.

January 10, 2011 at 12:58 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your photos are so amazing - as is your training schedule. My week one was nursery school compared to yours :-)

January 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM

 
Blogger donna furse said...

I am so jealous you have hawaii as your training ground,never mind having Lance around and your coach. You are blessed with your health, your son and the person you are. Keep training hard my friend, I have a strange feeling this year is your year in many areas of your life.

January 11, 2011 at 12:09 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Just think about it, right now you're doing all the stuff you couldn't really do when you hurt your ribs! the injury has healed and you're getting your training done, the surf is good, the sun is shining.
Perfect day in paradise :-) enjoy it Bree

January 11, 2011 at 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Sometimes nothing recharges your batteries like getting your butt handed to you by some hard core athletes! Beautiful pictures as always Bree.

January 11, 2011 at 3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home