Aloha!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today in my life (told by Kainoa)...

ALOHA everybody, it's me, Kainoa. I'm the 4 year old that you often see with my mom. Today is my turn to talk, tell my side of the stories she is always blabbing about on here. My life is pretty amazing, half the time I'm with my mom, the other half is with my dad & Tara, and their baby (my little brother Broady). I have it good, really good growing up in Hawaii-NO KA OI!! Yes, I know WAY more Hawaiian than my mom....
.
I ka po nei (last night), my mom and all the aunties and uncles took me fishing. We do that a lot, usually when my mom is trying to spend lots of time with me and usually the day before a really big day when she won't have as much time. Spending the evening with a fishing pole, good people, splashing in tide pools, and collecting shells and wana was perfect, but like I said, I knew it meant the next day would be a long, busy, hard one...
. Auntie Wendy and me (she's my favorite auntie)
My silly mom, she loves fishing but I don't like when she kisses them then tries to kiss me, fish breath-gross! Uncle Jason and Matty, they were out with the spear gun, one day I want to do that but mom says I have to get better using my snorkel and mask to go deep...
The sun finally set, that meant time to cruise to the hale (home). Good thing she put me to bed early 'cause i ka la 'apopo (tomorrow) would be here soon!!! 5:14am my mom was up and around, she eats acai bowls most mornings and the blender usually gets my eyes awake soon after. She was packing my breakfast, color books & crayons, filling water bottles, and putting dishes away. I slept a little longer...
Alright, here is where being my mom's son brings me to most these adventures. 5:50 I wake up, I'm an early bird like her and usually up by 6. At 6 were were out the door and to the pool for 6:15 practice! Not me, her! I chill on the pool deck with Coach Steve, I eat breakfast, cheer for all the swimmers in my mom's lane, color or read, and most days there are other children there who's parents swim so I play with them. Today I played with Maddy...
The pool was FREEZING this morning! Every time the swim team is pau (done) mom lets me dive in and we swim together. I love swimming before school, one day I hope to be on Kona Aquatics too! Till then it's all fun and games for me.
Monday's are funny with my mom. The truck becomes our house! She always packs TONS of clothes and food so we can go straight from the pool to school by 8am! Then it was off to school for me and a LONG ride for her. Love my mom, but seriously, biking more than half my school day is crazy if you ask me!
.
After her ride she ran, I'm not sure how far or how long but it was enough that she was still in run clothes when she got me from school at 3! 3:15 was my turn to play, KARATE! Yeah, I'm big enough now to decide what I want to do and the swimbikerun thing is not for me, I chose karate.
.
Finally home for my mom and me! What a long day...
Lucky for her she was done after 7hrs of swimbikerun! I on the other hand had homework to tackle. That's sort of how we roll around my house, spend most the day at work or school then top it off with a sunset, dinner, and call it a day...
.
Time for me to hele aku (get going), I've got a book for bedtime that my mom is going to read. It's my favorite part of the day, snuggling in tight with a good book. Aloha ahiahi!!
.
Kainoa



16 Comments:

Blogger krystyna47 said...

Best post of the year so far!!! I wish I was an early bird like Kainoa. I think a 7am wake up is early.

January 25, 2011 at 8:31 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Thanks for sharing your day Kainoa! Sounds like a lot of fun!!

January 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM

 
Blogger Monica Kvas said...

Such a great post!!! Loved it! Way to go Kainoa!! Haha sounds like you have a fun Mom!

January 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Great post Kainoa!

January 26, 2011 at 4:08 AM

 
Blogger Damie said...

this was precious :)

January 26, 2011 at 4:56 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

very, very sweet. :)

January 26, 2011 at 5:04 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Yay, Kainoa! Thanks for sharing your day! :)

January 26, 2011 at 5:05 AM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

Kainoa, you're a lucky boy! thanks for sharing your day!
I like the t-shirt of your auntie Wendy, i love the smurfs (in Spain they called Pitufos) Wonderful! :-)

January 26, 2011 at 5:09 AM

 
Blogger Tina said...

Love it!! What a great life you both have!!

January 26, 2011 at 5:25 AM

 
Blogger Kjerstin said...

Too Cute :) Kainoa is a lucky little boy!

January 26, 2011 at 6:10 AM

 
Blogger Alex said...

Great Post!

January 26, 2011 at 6:28 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Oilar said...

Great point of view! Bree, thanks for sharing on the Rev3 Blog Radio last night!!!

January 27, 2011 at 5:12 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Loved that! So precious... thanks for sharing your day, Kainoa. Yes, such a lucky boy and such a good mommy you are. :)

January 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM

 
Blogger Libby said...

that is the cutest thing EVER and Kainoa- you are brilliant buddy! you have a great life and you are a splendid author!!! My husband teaches 6th grade reading and writing and none of them can write as well as you :) you rock!

January 29, 2011 at 3:29 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

This is such a cute post! He is absolutly adorable! The last pic he totally looks like a little man with his watch and book. Someone is doing a fabulous job Chica!

January 29, 2011 at 4:12 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Kainoa you're so cute and well behaved, your mum is very lucky to have you. Just look after her and make sure she gets all her training done :-)

January 30, 2011 at 8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home