Aloha!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

In The Ocean...

Yesterday I swam almost as much as I swim in a week, in a single day. Why, because that was on my training plan. It started in the ocean and finished in the pool. Lieto's feet, Robin's feet, dolphin fins were just a few of the things that I chased. Today, my arms hurt worse than the legs. New feeling for this girl.
...and you know what I'm craving now, the ocean. More ocean time. I suppose it's like a kid given candy, just never enough. Other excitement is my new bike. It's in China celebrating the Chinese New Year. It should be here sooner than later, my guess is later. Fingers are crossed it gets here before Valentines Day (the day I fly out). If it does it's going in the bike box and flying with me to Costa Rica for our first triathlon of the season. Can't wait to show you my new bike, can hardly wait to get on it! HOT, HOT, HOT.
.
This has nothing to with ocean but it's cool. Kainoa is on week 2 of Karate class and Monday I found out he has my clumsiness and lack of hand eye coordination. Don't want to jinx him, but I'm pretty sure I was watching myself out there kicking and punching. However, one thing is he loves his momma. In the middle of his class he stops punching, looks over to me, shouts across the room, "Mom I love you", then goes back to kicking and punching. It did in deed melt this Mommy's heart and I was proud to see I'm still cool to him, hope he does that when he's 16 in high school!
.
Alright, that's all I have to report on. I've got some work to do, the fun part. KSwiss is in the middle of making up our race kits and my colors are due. I'm going with bright blue, black, and red. Red is Kainoa's favorite color, bright blue is mine, and black just in case any unwanted issues happen in the bottom half , (learned that the embarrassing way and thank you to all who suggested the color). Happy training...
.
Bree



7 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

uuuuhhhh, can't wait to see the new bike. Hurry up, bike!

February 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I can't wait to see the new bike and the new kit! You are going to be rockin' some sweet gear!

February 4, 2011 at 6:24 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Woohoo - so much going on. Your little Dude is AWESOME! can't wait to see the new kits and bike!

February 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I can't blame you for wanting to swim so much with that beautiful sea in your doorstep, who wouldn't? I was talking to a cycling buddy today and he told me he finds swimming boring...I nearly crashed!! How's that possible? we had Kona cross winds here today by the way!
Kids are so funny and spontaneous. I love that your little fella came up with that sentence mid punch. I'm sure your bike and kit will get to you in time for the race. go and draft some dolphins, Bree!
:-)

February 5, 2011 at 7:12 AM

 
Blogger Keith said...

I love coming to visit your blog. The many pics of the ocean and marine life make my day, especially days like this where Calgary is about -20 F, windy, and it's snowing hard. The many pics of you and your buddies out in the sun, enjoying the warmth are also good. Are you sensing a theme here?

February 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Love reading about all your training and hard work... always inspires me! Plus seeing all your beautiful pics are amazing. I'm jealous... wish I could move to Hawaii (hate the winter's in Chicago)! Your life is beautiful, Bree! And such a precious little boy you've raised, so sweet, love it!! (I have a 6 yr. old, my baby... I know how you feel!) :) Can't wait to see pics of your new bike and race gear - how fun! Happy training!

February 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home