Aloha!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is in the air...

Tomorrow is a VERY cool day. It's Valentine's Day, bring on the things I LOVE! Like....a flight to Costa Rica (my most favorite spot on Earth other than home). I've been daydreaming about the trip a lot, mostly trying to get my head wrapped around the fact I GET TO RACE IN COSTA RICA! I fell head over heals in love with Costa Rica when I was 15 years old and sometimes a girl never forgets her first love....ahhhhh. Reminiscing all week long over my summers spent along the beaches with a surf board, doing my first surf contest there, and of course growing into the girl I am today, it's amazing that now as an adult I get to return for "work".
.
It feels like I'm going home, whats not to love about that!? My first triathlon of the season, pure love! Seeing the REV3 crew, totally adoration! A 15hour and 55 minute flight-not so lovely, but it's all good since I'm going from one great spot on Earth to another. Kainoa will be in Cally with his dad, so he will be getting a ton of lovin' from the grandparents and this momma hopefully won't get too homesick knowing he's not even home on the island.
.
In other love news.... I got a brand new fishing pole for Valentine's Day! It's got a neon blue reel (my most favorite color), today we put the 3 way swivels on it and now it's time to out-fish the boyfriend on our weekly fishing dates!! Did I mention I am in the lead (7-4)?? Seriously stoked on that especially since he has a record for some fish he caught! Kainoa has been more loving than usual too, this week he told me I'm as pretty as a dump truck. And of course, one of my best friends happens to be on Oahu (the island with all the shopping) and found me the most hideous high heels! I need them for a big fancy plan. Between heats at the swim meet she landed at the mall and found the heels of my dreams, what a great friend!!
.
In sport news, Coach gave me yesterday off-talk about love/hate! KSwiss is shipping out the "goods" on Valentine's week, how can a girl not get giggly and wide eyed about a box of run shoes and clothes coming to her!? How can you celebrate Valentine's Day without hot pink? Not sure, but Blue Seventy answered back with the new speed suit that happens to have neon pink stripes down the side! LOVE IT! AND... drum roll please.... my new bikes are on the way! They will land in Hawaii while I'm in Costa Rica. I feel really blessed right about now (usually do) this Valentine's Day though is a little more coolness than usual.

Its easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you...anonymous

Time to get our lovin' on! Cheers to you and those in your lives that make your heart get all gushy and your smile all big. Next stop, Costa Rica...

.

Bree




5 Comments:

Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Happy Valentines Day!! I know you are going to have a great time in CR. Not sure if you have published your race schedule, but that sure is a good warm up to IMTX... (just saying)

February 14, 2011 at 3:21 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Good luck in Costa Rica! And I'm with OHIM... TX in May fits right in there...

February 14, 2011 at 3:37 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Happy Valentines Day and good luck in Costa Rica!

February 14, 2011 at 4:41 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

All those goodies beat getting red roses for valentine's:-)
have a great trip to CR and of course a fantastic race. lots of lovely pictures please.

February 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Have fun in CR! I so wish I was going...maybe next year, though! Race hard and smile big, Bree!

February 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home