Aloha!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another Pretty Place...

Flying into San Juan my mind was instantly at peace, familiar before even stepping off the plane or landing for that matter. From the sky looking down it looked as if I was flying to the island of Oahu, Waikiki speaks Spanish to be exact. Then I saw the giant cruise ship and it took me to Kailua Bay, we get a cruise ship in our bay every week, this island was looking like home, Hawaii tucked in Espanol here and there...

16 hours of travel has left me sleepy. After lacing the run shoes and getting out and about I was a bit more revived. These days before the "race stuff" happens are my most favorite, you get to swimbikerun in such new places with such a simple joy. This place happens to be beautiful to me, infact it excites me to be a triathlete in moments like this.
.
As with all my travels, sailing isnt always smooth. The 17th my hotel over booked and is kicking me out for the night, but I get to come back the next day. Not sure how to process that yet, its just a night but Id rather not pack up and deal with finding another place for one day just to return here for 2 more. As we say back home, "no worries". I'm crossing my fingers that some people decide not to check in and I can stay. Toes are crossed too...



Tomorrow is swim and ride, looking forward to getting back on my new bike and of course swimming out a little more of this long travel. Buenos Noches...
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger elias suero said...

good luck on the race, hope you have fun here.

March 16, 2011 at 2:10 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

- Whats that castle looking place, its looks so cool

- I hope you get to stay in your condo

- Good luck at the race

March 16, 2011 at 4:55 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Good Luck for Race Day! Enjoy your time prior to race day. The pictures look amazing.

By the way, love the pics that show Kainoa with the girls. He is getting tall and thin! Looks great surfing with his mama.

March 16, 2011 at 6:37 AM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

Good luck on the race this weekend. Those pictures remind me of my trip there in December. I loved the Fort!!

March 17, 2011 at 8:38 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

beautifull buildings, who knew San Juan was so pretty, must visit it some day

March 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home