Aloha!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

'Iniki...

You know what I did today? I ran, far. Sunday's are perfect for long runs, they sort of wrap up a week, give you a lot of time to clear your mind, and then they set you off feeling as if you got all sorts of courage to face another week because you just freakin' ran so far, something that doesn't necessarily take a lot of talent, just a lot of determination to go the distance. After that I just wanted the beach, to sit in the sand...
.
Life did not happen that easily on the island. My new bike arrived Friday, had some fitting and adjustments Saturday, and Sunday it ran into a little problem (kind of a big problem for a bike, but if you put it in perspective, relative to life, it's a small thing). I'm the kind of girl that without a doubt knows the best way to avoid frustration is to adapt, so I did my best to go with the frustration of my bikes little trouble. By mid week the goal is to have it all sorted out...
I did get to bring my beautiful new bike home though. I just LOVE him. Of course he gets a name too...I'll call him 'Iniki. If you know anything about Hawaiian trouble, 'Iniki was the name of a very powerful hurricane that took over Kauai in 1992, my bike means "sharp wind", Swift is what's written on the frame, the company, but I call my bike 'Iniki and I'm hoping we cause a little sharp winds of our own this season...

Finally the day landed me at a sunset! Gazing out at another puka'ana had me feeling more blessed than imaginable, that good ol' "No place like home" sensation took over. Sundays have that way about them, making everything just feel good. Then the plumerias in bloom took over and everything smelt good. Thought about making a lei just to toss into the ocean as a mahalo for another good week on the island, instead I went for making an acai bowl. The one below I can't take credit for though, Kainoa made that last week when he discovered he can cut strawberries with a butter knife...

Another week, hope its a good one!
Bree



8 Comments:

Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I want a bike like yours... by the way, don't forget to change your sponsor list on the right of the blog. That bike looks like another 10 minutes to me....

March 7, 2011 at 3:26 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Bike looks way cool! Your positive spirit will carry you through the training. I had a dream of Hawaii Saturday night. Amazing.. Someday I will get back there. Lavaman will see me again :)

Sat I rode 3:39! Managed to climb a lot,get kinda of lost and had a group of young boys say, "You rode to Temecula and back!" Your cool. Getting nervous about Utah and cutoffs.

March 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Bike looks way cool! Your positive spirit will carry you through the training. I had a dream of Hawaii Saturday night. Amazing.. Someday I will get back there. Lavaman will see me again :)

Sat I rode 3:39! Managed to climb a lot,get kinda of lost and had a group of young boys say, "You rode to Temecula and back!" Your cool. Getting nervous about Utah and cutoffs.

March 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Your pictures are beautiful as are you.

March 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

A very powerful hurricane...
...like me! haha :-D
Happy week!

March 7, 2011 at 2:03 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Thought about you today on the big island with the Kilauea Volcano erupting. Sounds like it is far enough away? Pretty amazing! Be safe!
Btw, 'Iniki is beautiful... what awesome adventures await you!! :)

March 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm sure your lovely new sponsors will get your bike sorted in no time:-) and very soon you'll be doing those hill intervals abroad your Iniki :-) lovely flowers those plumerias. I'l have to find out if it's something I can grow at home, i assume they love heat and moisture

March 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Love the name Iniki!!
xoxo

March 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home