Aloha!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beached...

Between a long ride and a long run was Saturday, little surf day. The entire week landed me here, on a board with Kainoa. All my swim, bikes, and runs were executed with focus, determination, and no excuses. I knew Saturday would be "beached recovery".
Saturday's perfect balance of recovery, sand, and salt trickled over into an idea Sunday morning..."let's do it again, hana hou". So the friends loaded up the beach chairs, food, Kainoa, and bikinis. I took off with an IPOD, fuel, and plenty of miles and ran to the beach. I was given about a 6 mile head start. It seriously felt like a finish line party in the sand...recovery on an island, gotta love it!


Brookie and my lil' nephew keepin it all about family!

Tomorrow starts another week of swimbikerun, bring it on!




4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sounds like a beautifully perfect day! Your boy looks so right on a surfboard.

April 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM

 
Blogger Terrish B said...

:) All of this makes me smile!! I miss home... so glad you got some surf time girl!! Aloha!

April 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

You make it look SO easy - LOVE it, love how your little Dude loves it too! AWESOME!

April 11, 2011 at 7:36 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

what a perfect weekend. Brilliant camera work too

April 11, 2011 at 7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home