Aloha!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Focus, Focus, Focus...

Laser focus today folks. It's pretty awesome what you can accomplish when you have your goals in the forefront of your mind. It's as if the excuses, reasons, and whatever else attempts to make you take even a tiny glance in the wrong direction just sort of becomes side lined. Lots of things were side lined for me today, it was all about the bigger picture, focus...focus...focus.

Swim practice, hill repeats on the bike, and a slightly less than goal paced run all challenged me in ways that would have been ridiculously easy to take the "here's an excuse" route, but something bigger kept me moving on. Almost a PR in the pool, 2 seconds from a PR on one of the hills, and a mental hurdle climbed on the run... I will gladly take this day and sleep easy on it!

Coach has me convinced that if I push on with this attitude for the next 2 weeks, (my massive BREE WEE Challenge weeks), then I will be happy with the goal I set and the outcome that will follow. Tomorrow is going to be another long day at the office and knowing its an opportunity to be better and stronger I'm already looking forward to it. Oh believe me, after these 2 "BREE WEE Challenge weeks" the beach will be calling for some salty sweet recovery, till then though, FOCUS...


Aloha ahiahi,


Bree




2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

That's the way. This morning i almost didn't make it out of the door, the bed was so comfy... forced myself out to go and do my run and i felt much happier for it. another session done. Phew and just to think that for 1 split second it wasn't going to happen! Thanks for your post today. Focus and never hesitate! Just go for it. Keep up the Bree challenge week :-)

April 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM

 
Blogger Chad Holderbaum said...

You got this Bree!

April 13, 2011 at 3:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home