Aloha!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is it Friday Yet???

I've only seen one sunset this week, that's very little for me. I'm not sure I've sat down just to sit down in over a week. In fact, it still hasn't hit me that the new place has yet to be hooked up to TV or Internet yet, haven't even had time to miss it...I'm borrowing Internet at the moment. The goal is to unpack this weekend, but I'm already planning a sunset and some ocean time instead as Saturday is "a day off training", packing might wait a little longer.
.

This view is the view I have most. In and out, through the door, in the door, out the door. Thankfully I enjoy a plateful of life, 'cause this is fully loaded. The high lights have been getting Kainoa all set for Kindergarten, this morning at 7:08am we finally got him totally enrolled! Hunting down Big Island girls for the State Team Time Trial in 2wks has been another workload! Never imagined so many girls to shy away from the fun of 4 of us racing together as a team on bikes, but I've been having such little luck in finding girls that I'm beginning to think it might be better to tape my boobs down, put a sock in my bike shorts, scratch my imaginary balls, check out all the women, hide my hair under my helmet, and pretend to race on the boys Big Island teams. Girls, COME ON!

.

And of course swimbikerun has had my attention. Just finding all the little local races from now till Honu to use as "tune ups", "race into shape", and "speed workouts". Sport is better for me that way, I like to do it as much as I can as long as its a "train through", it keeps my motivation firing and I never mind being humbled. Next weekend will be the Alii Drive 10 miler, the following is Team Time Trial, then May will be Honolulu International Tri, that one has me SUPER excited to jump off island and over to Oahu!!
.

Alright it's go time, again. Been nice to sit behind a computer for a little sushi break but this momma has a little boy to pick up from school and take to karate class. Tomorrow is a long ride and my fingers are crossed it does not rain. We have had such storms lately that this morning we were greeted with snow on Mauna Kea! Pretty white ALOHA for sure....

. Bree
.

PS... Soul Surfer starts tomorrow, go watch it!!



9 Comments:

Blogger Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

April 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

tape your boobs down and put a sock in your shorts & scratch your balls??? Oh girl you just crack me up!Let me know if I could pass for a female bike racer! I'm in! See ya around Irongirl....

April 7, 2011 at 7:56 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'd sign up for your female TT team if i was there, although i'm not sure i'd be able to keep up with.you. it looks like we swapped weather systems Bree! We have sunny & "hot" weather in the Uk and you have our rain... good luck with your nect training race and keep safe on tha bike if it gets too wet

April 8, 2011 at 2:11 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

You have a plan that is all that matters! Share what happens at school for K.

April 8, 2011 at 6:29 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Simmons said...

Too bad I don't have an extra couple $$$... I'd come be on your TTT team! ;) THAT would be fun. Ok, it would be brutally hard. But that is what would make it fun! Good luck finding your girls!

April 8, 2011 at 10:27 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Moving is always a grind even when it's into a fun new place - smart to make time for your sunsets!

April 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM

 
Blogger SHERRY said...

Moving can be fun! Stressful, but fun! There's nothing like carving out a new little niche to enjoy. Enjoy your R&R day today... and good luck gathering those chicas for your team. If I lived 5000 miles closer and was able to ride a few mph faster, you'd definitely have another teammate. :-)

April 9, 2011 at 1:52 AM

 
Blogger Enduramoms Founder and CEO, Dana said...

Bree Wee, you have many shoes. Heheh, however you must make time to take in the sunsets. It's part of your "benefits package" as a pro.

April 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM

 
Blogger Kaitlyn's Mom said...

We sell that rug on our website. So funny. Saw Soul Surfer. Made us miss hawaii. Lots.

April 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home