Aloha!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

More Eggs Please...

Growing up with a "Beach Bunny" for a mom, Easter in my home meant 3 things... A new swim suit, a new beach chair, and a new beach towel. Oh church happened, we always colored eggs, and neighbors came over to find eggs in the back yard, BUT waking up and running to the patio to see a new beach chair with a new beach towel hanging over it and a new swim suit sitting on the chair is what stands out the very most. This was the tradition for as many years as I can remember, at least until my sisters and I grew some boobs. Then the Easter Bunny would leave us money to buy our own bikini's and from there the Beach Bunny, I mean Easter Bunny, would take us to the beach, all day long...


My sisters and I owned more swimsuits than any kid on the planet! In fact, my mother the "Beach Bunny" continued sending me money for a new swim suit until 2006, now she sends an Easter check and tells me "get Kainoa something from the Easter Bunny for her". I'm no beach bum, I know exactly what that means! "Get Kainoa new surf trunks for the beach". The tradition lives on...and I love it!
Kainoa is now living the tradition of Easters on the beach in new surf trunks with a beach bunny of a mother...



When I snapped this photo I was so amazed at all the colors! It reminded me of coloring eggs and mixing the colors with no sort of pattern yet making it look beautiful, however the island is a million times more beautiful than any Easter egg in the world!

Kainoa walking the beach...

Finding some eggs along the beach, just a little warm up for tomorrow!!



The sister is also keeping our mother's "Easter at the beach with new surf shorts" alive for her son. Whatever your family does to celebrate Easter hope its more fun that opening those plastic eggs and finding nothing hidden inside (that seriously bothers me). Hope you have lots inside the plastic eggs and make a ton of memories doing Easter just the way you like it...

.

Bree



7 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree you look so much like your mother! brilliant family tradition - "spending easter on the beach". I'm sure Kainoa prefers it too. Happy Easter or as we say in portuguese = Pascoa Feliz.
Ps: still super hot in London :-)

April 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Happy Easter!

April 24, 2011 at 1:09 AM

 
Blogger Furacán said...

You didn't change anything! happy Easter!

April 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hope you had a great Easter

April 25, 2011 at 3:08 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great photos from the past. You definitely have your Mom's face but you look much younger.. (I do accept money)

Doesn't the Easter Bunny burn his paws on the hot sand??

April 25, 2011 at 9:17 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Happy Easter to you and your little Dude! Traditions are AWESOME!

April 25, 2011 at 3:46 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Loved hearing about your fun traditions and how they are being passed on... so cute! Happy Easter, Bree!

April 29, 2011 at 6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home