Aloha!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Push, Push, Believe...

1 mile to go...


It has been a very good week of training for me. A long one, a very good one. Patience & confidence are still a work in progress when it comes to swimbikerun. This week has tested both of them and has forced me to believe a little more and chill out a little more, (not in the usual "chillax" fashion, I mean patience). ..



Today we had this 10 miler that we have every April on Alii Drive. It has always been a super big goal of mine to break 60 minutes on it, in fact one year I did 10x1 mile repeats on it at 6 min mile pace till I about landed face first into traffic because I wanted it so bad. Anyways, the PR was 1:03 and a few seconds. All week, despite the heavy training load, long rides, hard runs, big swims, Hawi moments, and more hours than I have ever trained into this run I STILL wanted to push hard, no excuses. This morning I stumbled out of bed, got dressed as if it was an "A" race and pretended I was rested and ready, (ignoring the fact my entire body wanted to stop, drop, and roll back into bed for a few days). I just pretended to believe it might still happen... .



Sub 1hr did not happen... BUT I did go 1:02.16, almost a minute PR and way less rested than ever before. I'm pretty sure its not because I'm more fit, more focused, and obviously not more rested, it has to do with believing just a little bit, a tiny more than usual, (as I'm working on it), that the race went better than expected. As for that sub 60, Ill try again next year and the year after if I have too...

After the race the training still did not end. Coach had more, a ride. SO I rode and most ride long I thought about Hawi yesterday and how I miss that little town. Feels like the only time I'm that far North is on the bike. As soon as I got off the bike Wendy was ready to roll and in the car we rolled all the way to Hawi! A total girls day in town (a town of 3 shops and 3 restaurants), big city life for us island girls! Call it the perfect recovery for a very long morning...
Now Sunday is tip-toeing into evening and I am very much looking forward to a good nights sleep. Rest easy,

.

Bree!!



3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

you're so close to breaking that 60 minute goal it's totaly achievable.
GReat result, I'm trying to work out what my time is for 10 miles....not 62 mins that's for sure:-)

April 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

That camera can't even focus because you are SO FAST! Way to go out there Chica! Always believe in yourself - ALWAYS!

April 19, 2011 at 7:21 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great time! Looks like my 10Ks !!

Someday I will see Hawi (from the race course), but not this year.. not one of the lucky ones (lotto)

April 21, 2011 at 2:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home