Aloha!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Waiting at the finish for my sister...

Today was so awesome in so many ways! It's always fun racing at home and even more cool when you get to do it with family! The sisters relay (her and two of my best buds) VS me...talk about the trash talk, the game faces, and the new found excitement in good ol' sisterly competition! Let's just say it was good to be the one waiting at the finish line for her and not her to be waiting on me, phewww! Nice race sista! (I should mention she just had a baby though and jumped back into running only recently)...
Sista, nice run! SO PROUD of you!! Made my entire day to have you out there racing along, but next time we pass each other and I cheer for you and try to high five you better focus and give me a high five (she had the game face on and ignored me, maybe I should be more like her...).

Check out my wheels, sadly I ruined the rear Swift race wheel the night before the race on a training ride so I had to use a different one. Next race Ill match my wheels as I LOVE the Swift wheel set, seriously cool! The swim was "battle of lane 1 and the high schoolers". Always good fun to have the pros mixed in with the relays & under 29 men-makes for a "swim party at the start". The bike was same ol' Queen K, a little heat, some wind, and MY NEW BIKE :) Truly loving the Swift machine. It just fits and as anyone who spends time on a bike will tell you, "fit matters". Despite running up and down the stairs 93 times moving this week I was able to ride 2 minutes faster than last year on the same course, sure the new bike helped since the legs were still hanging out in a moving truck somewhere.

.

The run was as beautiful as ever as we wind through Waikaloa, the dolphins, coral beds, over lava, through the sand, and in heat like an oven. Perhaps not the place to set a 10k PR but I still wished to better last years run time, it was the same. Guess I should be happy it wasn't worse even in the moving adventures but all the hard training I wanted to come out anyways. Still, it was a really good day in a lot of ways, I suppose crossing a finish line on a beach is just plain amazing!

.

As always, MAHALOS to Gerry Rott and the Lavaman crew for putting on another incredible triathlon. To Swift Bikes for the best bike my legs ever loved, KSwiss & Splish for a fun suit that was pretty much ready for the beach party at the finish line & shoes that run well in sand and over lava, Trakkers for helping me keep up-t0-date with friends/family around the world, Coach Jimmy for letting me do a 3rd race in 4 weeks and believing in me, Coach Steve & Kona Aquatics for the tuff-love-swim help, Bike Works for taking care of my bike, The Club in Kona for all the treadmill fun, Blue Seventy for the speedy water help, Mr. T Blanton for keeping me organized like only a good manager can, and of course Kainoa for always helping me keep it real & balanced!


Veeks & Lopaka! My very first training partners EVER when I started this sport! They taught me to ride a bike and took me on my first ocean swim. We still laugh at the first day I skipped paddling practice to ride my bike, we knew that was the start of my swimbikerun passion! We were called "team oreo", I was the haole chick between the local boys, nothing but fun!
BIG congrats to all the finishers. And to the Cally girls, don't forget our swim plan! I already marked it on the calendar for next year before the race!!

.

Bree




9 Comments:

Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Awesome day out there! Congrats Chica! I can't tell you how much I LOVE where you live (and I'm on a different island) PARADISE!
Tell Wendy she has the best T-shirts!

April 4, 2011 at 2:55 PM

 
Blogger JBM said...

Too funny those are my best buds Lauren and Arlene! Go team!

April 4, 2011 at 3:25 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Great report, Bree! It makes me think that one day I will try doing a triathlon again.

April 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great fun
I always have my best time racing with my sons.

April 5, 2011 at 2:13 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

That is so cool, racing with family!!! COngrats to everyone, because they are all winners for racing

April 5, 2011 at 4:48 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

BREE congratulations! you won this one! And your sister raced too....
the day will come when Kainoa will be racing you too...have you thought about that?
It looks like you had a blast.
Just brilliant

April 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Ordinarylife said...

Looks like an awesome day.

And NO don't stop high 5-ing! We love it.

April 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats on your win, Bree!! Love it! Sounds like an awesome family island day for you... life is good? Keep smiling -- and thanks for inspiring as always! ;)

April 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM

 
Blogger SHERRY said...

Congratulations on an awesome win, Bree!!

April 9, 2011 at 1:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home