Aloha!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Few Good Things...

Finding my balance! With another race finished and another on the horizon, "race, train, triathlon" mode is in full swing. BUT it's the simple things, the little things that have been crucial to the survival of my motivation and balance in all things life, love, and sport. This week it has been recovery focus with the worlds greatest "ocean lover", Kainoa! He has made sure to drag me to the recovery ponds to sit in tide pools and collect shells. From yesterdays training into today's long ride it was a good thing to have Kainoa lead us ocean bound...

Ohana! My parents are in town to spend time with the sister and our boys! Let's just say family dinners are full of laughter and we have enjoyed having babysitter help, 'er spoiling sessions.

Na hoa!! The friends in my life are UNBELIEVABLE. It's been said that you don't need a lot of friends, just a few good ones and I can boldly say the one's that Ive been blessed with are amazing! On Oahu we must have visited a million bikini shops and somehow I left the island with ZERO. My heart was set on one (the one above) but after racing my heart out and being so tri-focused I left it in the shop, on the rack, wishing I bought it. Today before my long ride one of my favorite friends rolled over on her bike and handed me a bag with THIS BIKINI IN IT! Shocked to say the least...

Last but NOT least on my "few good things" list for Wednesday is this! Boxes full of shoes and sporting clothes for 200 high schoolers in the Philippines! We got our wish and reached our goal of making the mile happen! Aloha Tri Club sends the BIGGEST MAHALO to everyone that sent in shoes and clothes to help make this possible! I was on Oahu Sunday when the team packed everything so I don't have a list of all that sent in shoes, but you know who you are, and we thank you! (Thanks to the girls that packed the boxes too!!).


It is the little things that add up to make the big things, like all these miles! Happy Training!

Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Very cool Bree! So happy you're getting to spend some time with your family and relax a little!! Your brain / heart and body all need it! Yeaaahh for new bikinis and good friends too!

May 20, 2011 at 5:06 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Now I have bikini envy :-) that bikini is absolutey GORGEOUS, and what a funny coincidence your friend got it for you.
really please the schoolkids in the Philipines are getting so many sporting clothes/shoes. I'm hopping my box got there on time. I'm sure they'll have a brilliant time

May 22, 2011 at 8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home