Aloha!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

I was RETUL-ed...

This weekend was thankfully more smooth than the week, it was almost normal again. Oh, I got RETUL-ed too! If you aren't familiar with RETUL google it, its the first time I saw it and experienced it in real life. We don't have a certified RETUL man on our island so one flew over from Oahu and helped out 2 handfuls of Kona peeps. It was so much fun...
.
The first thing he asked was,"Did you break your left leg?" Shockingly yes in 7th grade I did. THAT is how good the RETUL dudes are! They can pretty much nail you and your bike to a Science and make you "fit" perfectly together. Well, turns out me and my bike are not a match yet! I have this major short leg thing, very long torso and turns out the reason I can hardly push my bike is because my cranks are made for a man like 6'3 and my legs (even though I'm 5'5) are super short. The major issue I've been having is "my cranks are too big", and so I have to get some short ones for my short legs. Thankfully my bike is the perfect size for me, my long torso lets me ride 700 wheels and have a super reach across the top tube, but man my short legs. SO... this coming week I have to order and get some midget cranks then fly over to Oahu the following week to get back RETUL-ed on cranks for a very short leg girl. I can hardly wait to ride my bike when it "fits". Imagine taking giant steps, that is what he explained to me trying to turn those giant cranks. No wonder I can hardly get my cadence up even in little ring!

The RETUL-ing was the weekends "tri-focus" most important, its really going to make a difference! The next very important tri-focus was getting my GROOOOOVE back and I did. It began with a nice ride, some ocean swim, and of course a good ol' fashioned Sunday run before eggs for breakfast. Oh believe me, I did not just dive back into a massive high-volume weekend, it was a slow start to get the build back up and running. In fact, we began the swim with water ballet, what girl doesn't feel graceful under water?! Don't try this at home, we nearly kicked each others heads off! For real though, we got our swim on and it was good n' perfect like most all ocean moments...





Oh don't you worry, after a good weekend of getting back into sport after a post-race week I landed on the beach...it's a good spot to land! Alright, ready for Monday so I can fully get back into the swing of routine again.

.

Happy training and of course, beaching this Summer!!
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger RR said...

That sounds just like my bike fit session! I was told most girls have short torso and long legs, but not me - im the opposite and with one leg much shorter than the other to make it even more challenging to fit on a bike!

June 13, 2011 at 5:49 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I wish I was 5'5" ! I'm only 5'4" so there you have it! your legs are longer than mine and yes you're not alone with the cranks.

June 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Simmons said...

Super! Andrew made some major changes to my position in February and it's been awesome ever since! Glad to hear he's helping you too! :)

June 13, 2011 at 9:36 PM

 
Blogger Betsy said...

Retuel is awesome...I was riding on a whacked out fitting job and after I was retueled the difference was Ah-Mazing!!!

June 14, 2011 at 5:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home