Aloha!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Beautiful Ride....

Today was all business! Whenever you ride South Loop it's all business, no fun and games! From town you do a steady little climb into my favorite old town, then zoom down the hill, across the middle road, down to the shore, across rickety black lower road to the bay, then 4.5 miles up, UP, up, UP. It's my favorite ride on the island! The views are worth every drop of sweat & pain in the quads you might endure...














Every time I ride this loop I get the brilliant idea to ride it more, then I do, then I don't. But for real, it's an awesome way to spend 3 hours (depending where you leave from). Today I made myself leave from town rather than home that way on the way back I could stop at home, drop the bike off and put on the run shoes and run back to my truck. THAT was today's brilliant idea. From now on I think I'm going to start driving to start my bike rides, then end the ride at home, then run to the truck-love it! It forces me to get running off my bike more!

.

The idea worked great till I ran out of time and found myself smashed with less than 45 minutes to refuel and get back to town for swim practice! Let's just say swimming hurt today!


The day ended with a "bake off". Kainoa vs me in the kitchen. He followed my old banana bread recipe with real sugar and flour, I made up a new one with agave, oats, and coconut. He won. But I promise the new one did not taste like cardboard, totally blame the tasters for being sugar freaks without any taste buds for coconut! Or maybe Kainoa is just a really good cook...

.

Happy riding!

Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger krystyna47 said...

Have you tried mixing natural sugars - e.g. if you need 1 cup of "sugar", use 1 cup of some honey, some agave, some crystallised cane juice etc. It creates a nice blend and gives you more "sweetness variety", if you know what I mean!!

June 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM

 
Blogger miles99999 said...

You are all about the fish eye lens.

June 16, 2011 at 2:55 AM

 
Blogger Kiet said...

I remember the first time you took me on this ride and took me to the painted church, fond fond memories my friend. Totally forgot you moved, where are you now? Are you still right off Alii?

June 16, 2011 at 6:55 AM

 
Blogger marian said...

oooh, i love that road. one day i will be there on a bike :-)

June 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

We have been on vacation in Maine and I missed the King Kainoa post but just had a chance to catch up.

Good stuff...

June 17, 2011 at 8:56 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I love your fun bike :-)I wish i had kept my first bike from when i was a kid, it had only 1 gear and I used to try to get to the next village where we stayed on holiday (north of portugal). after about 1 km, i used to hop off and just walk for a bit..
All those banana cakes and oat cakes...have you opened a bakery and we don't know about it?
you could call it - Bree's Bakes. Take care!

June 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home