Aloha!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This is my confession: Today I didn't realize just how beautiful the day was until it got dark and the sun was long set. Sometimes in a fully loaded day it's hard to recognize all the beauty as we sort through the things we need to get done and the things that are grabbing our focus full blast. Most days I see the good stuff even in a clutter of mess, today though I was consumed with so much "stuff" that I am just now seeing the day, not just looking at it...

.

Kainoa is finishing homework and his little voice reciting ABC's has me smiling, a friend emailed me a run photo he took this morning on our beach run, and I uploaded the photos from swim practice today. THIS DAY WAS GORGEOUS now that I am seeing photos!! The sun was full on making the beach bright and the ocean sparkle dark & light shades of blue. And of course, the dolphins were out there swimming along side us.

.

Of course as I was living the day I could feel the warm sun during my run, but my mind was so occupied on every little and big thing on my plate that it never calmed down enough to breathe in the run completely. Then the swim. The dolphins had me in love like a school girl with a crush on a boy as I never tire of seeing them, but my mind was running wild thinking how I needed to hurry and get Kainoa from school and off to karate practice then get dinner going, and you know how the rest of the evening goes...

.

Sitting here now Kainoa and I got a brilliant idea, go appreciate the evening since the day slipped away with our busy minds and my massive "to-do" list. Time for us to check out some moonlight and count a few stars, make a couple wishes on them too...







"I wanna wake up everyday with a purpose and fall asleep every night with a reason to be thankful". Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger Jill Costantino said...

We all need to wake up everyday with purpose and fall asleep every night with a reason to be thankful! Stop and smell ALL of the flowers and embrace the moments, even the ones that don't feel like a moment - be present and more than just in body!
You ROCK Chica!

June 15, 2011 at 4:11 AM

 
OpenID Jennifer said...

Oh, the dolphins are so beautiful! After Honu we went kayaking in Kealakekua Bay where I was hoping to see them, but no luck. Hopefully next time :-)

June 15, 2011 at 4:44 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Beautiful. Every night will piece of cake! Cuddle with the kid and everything is all right in the world. Wake up and do it again for a few minutes. YOu remind yourself the reason you keep going.

June 15, 2011 at 5:09 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

oh Im so familiar with being on the "GO" all day long with not time to stop and stare for a moment, whichbrings me to this english poem (not sure if you've ver read it):
What is this life if full of care

We have no time to stand and stare?

No time to stand beneath the boughs

And stare as long as sheep, or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,

Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,

Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,

And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can

Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this, if full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare.



William Henry Davies 1871 - 1940

June 15, 2011 at 7:40 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I would give anything to swim with dolphins. Any.thing. :)

June 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Enjoyed the post Bree its always nice to stop and take time to chill and absorb the surrounding in slow mo..

June 15, 2011 at 12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home