Aloha!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Handling...



(we weren't the 14 year olds who graffiti this, in case you are curious)

I have this really cool theory told to me one day in 3rd grade when I broke my elbow. It goes like this, "We are never given more than we can handle". Way out of 3rd grade and I still cling to that, OFTEN. Whenever life is tossing a lot in my direction, more than I want, more than it feels I have energy for, more than enough to make a girl want to hide in a cave, that little theory makes me feel so tuff. It makes me think, "Wow, I must be really strong to handle all this". It also reminds me of those with a much, much, more challenging load than me and somehow that makes my load feel lighter too.
.
We were all in line for the Smurf's yesterday, (not at all as good as the cartoon we grew up with but Kainoa BEGGED to see it), passed the ticket girl my bank card, "card declined Bree". What?? After the movie I get out to my phone with 2 calls from my bank, wonderful news they caught the Bree Wee look alike. Yeah, ridiculous. She made a fake bank card with my account and spent $245 at Target, almost $500 bucks at the drug store, and some gas. BUSTED.
.
Guess you can say I was Smurfed, it was not fun handling that. BUT it was not the end of the world and at least it wasn't a gun point robbing of my wallet, just a girl who looked like me and was handy with a bank card making machine.
.
From that mess we pulled out of the parking lot only to barely miss a side swipe by a monster truck. It was backing out and not able to see us at all, charging on the passenger side. I grabbed Kainoa as soon as I saw the action, yanked him over near me and put my body over his, laid on the horn hoping he would hear and stop, then closed my eyes and told Kainoa to hang on. We couldn't move forward in case you are wondering why we didn't, there was a car in front of us as we were all in a line, the truck never noticed a line behind him. Everyone came running out of the stores when they heard the horn, walkers were all stopped and shouting, then the truck slammed his breaks. We all let out that sigh of relief.
.
We got out and could slide exactly a finger between his truck and mine. That's it. It scared more than the poop out of me. Beyond thankful to have gotten away from that mess. Clearly we were not given more than we can handle, less than an inch and it would have been a mess.
Well, one thing after another got hold of my, "Never given more than we can handle, never given more than we can handle, never given more than we can handle", attitude and the weekend barely started. To top it off I couldn't even buy mangos at the mango festival today! Did you know farmers markets don't take credit cards? Did you also know you can't go to Costco without your bank card, and it's really hard to pay your sister back without being able to withdraw money from you ATM. My account is closed and locked for a week. Cashless for a week, on the bright side, Ill save money! But man the Mango Market was rough for a girl without any cash! Looking at all the fresh fruit, mango muffins, mango jam, mango bread, mango smoothies, let's stop talking about it...
.
Kainoa is now snoring, happy, and safe. After the happenings that have happened in the past 2 days It's still all good. And thanks to the sister I was able to ride my bike today while she played with Kainoa, MUCH to be thankful for!!!
.
Tomorrow is Sunday run, those make everything so good. Hopefully the Bree Wee look alike is not out running with my cash and all the stuff she bought as me, I might have to show her a little something I learned in Kainoa's karate class...
.
Happy Sunday tomorrow!
Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I tell myself that same thing all the time!! God knows how strong you are Bree - he's given you quite a bit to handle and he knows you will pass the test with flying colors!! Hang in there and hope all the banking stuff gets worked out ASAP!

July 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

OMG! What a lucky escape with that truck. thank God you're both ok. Glad your bank is sorting out your card, and that Bree wee look-a-like? she can't run faster than you I'm sure...

July 31, 2011 at 4:18 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

OMG! What a lucky escape with that truck. thank God you're both ok. Glad your bank is sorting out your card, and that Bree wee look-a-like? she can't run faster than you I'm sure...

July 31, 2011 at 4:18 AM

 
Blogger Caroline said...

Wow, that is quite a day! Hope the banking is sorted out ASAP and that truck incident sounds SCARY! Glad all is OK - I totally believe that saying that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Maybe instead of a PIN number for the debit card, they make the cardholder run a mile in X:xx amount of time - a split that the fake Bree certainly wouldn't be able to run.

July 31, 2011 at 7:24 AM

 
Blogger Damie said...

That really stinks about the girl stealing your identity. Boo to yucky people!!!!!!! With your good attitude, it will pass in no time. :)))))

July 31, 2011 at 10:12 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Simmons said...

Yikes! That is tough, Bree! Tell you what, I'll bring some cash when I come over on tuesday and buy you a mango. :)

July 31, 2011 at 9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home