Aloha!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Like...

There are A LOT of things that keep a TRI-MOMMA going. I'll narrow the list to 5, for time sake, or I'd be here all day and night long.
.
#1. Summer moments with Kainoa. Today we went to a "mom and son" play group, it was probably not like other "play groups" where the kids play on the play ground and the moms sit on benches talking about men, clothes, and diets. Not that I don't love my girl chats too, but this mom group was AWESOME! It was at the beach, the moms and kids went out for a surf, (not all tandem), and for the most part it was like playing with our kids. It hit me that one day Kainoa will not be spending all his Summer time with me, when he grows up he will most likely be out with friends.
#2. Coconut Banana Bread. Our health food store just started carrying the coconut flour, (I know, you all on the mainland had it months ago), baking here has been a big deal lately. It's a new recipe we whipped up with coconut shreds, coconut butter, coconut flour, 10 bananas, mac nuts, and agave, SIMPLE. Talk about a coconut paradise in your mouth!

#3 Vega Sport. I am a major tea drinker, when I discovered this "presport" workout stuff was mostly just a meshing of teas I had to have it. Then I realized it actually does have a kick to mental "go, go, go" and well, its good for girls who don't do coffee or like many sports drinks. I have tried it on a bike ride and longer run despite the fact it says "pre". And between you and me, keep it as a "pre" workout thing, it is not thirst quenching during a hot ride or run, but I absolutely love it this Summer!

#4 Lychee. Okay, it's not a new discovery, been hooked on these since I was 16, but they make me get-up-and-go. Everyone needs a little motivation sometimes and these are mine. I eat an entire mini plant full or bag full at a time, oops. Today for example, I had to get my fix so I swung into the market on the side of the road, got a bag, ate them all, and then had the attitude to get my groove on for the day. Funny how that works, this is my fix like that...

#5 Home made Granola. Did you ever read the back of the box or bag of your favorite granola? If so you may (or may not) have found that the ingredient list is LONG with a bunch of oils or sugars and maybe some preservatives and a few added things to help you get your money's worth. There are like 4 kinds of granola we shop for, (without the STUFF), after noticing that we can make our own for less than half the cost we are doing just that. Seriously, its so easy! Then just put it in a zip lock or cereal tupperware for freshness! Also, you can soak the oats & nuts to get them soft and edible if you prefer "raw food", no baking needed that way. Try it this Summer, dare ya to make your own :)



4 Comments:

Blogger SSB said...

Yum. I make my own granola too. I 'bake' it in the crockpot for a couple hours. So much cheaper than the store bought good kind. Can I have your recipe for banana bread?

July 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

recipes please???

July 28, 2011 at 4:04 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

yes recipes please. We're your testers :-)
I didn't know there was such a a thing as coconut flour!

July 29, 2011 at 6:43 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Yummy! Never heard of so many coconut products! I've always wanted to make my own granola but every time I look for a recipe, I find one that doesn't sound much healthier than the store bought version :( Can you share a recipe?

July 29, 2011 at 9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home