Aloha!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Portland Packed...


Everything for swimbikerun & other stuff...


Today I packed, tomorrow I fly. This trip I'm trying something new, leaving Wednesday rather than Monday like most of my trips. Portland is just on the other side of the Pacific Ocean so it's not as far of a swim for Hawaii peeps, or flight. It kept me training at home a little more smooth and keep the routine a little better.
.
Packing was a major challenge, my clothes are so not made for Portland! I suppose it's my turn to get made fun of, "Did she lose her way to the beach?!", much like we tease tourists out here, "Do they know this is the beach?!". Oh it'll be awesome and I'm very much looking forward to the trip, the race, and another opportunity to meet up with the REV3 crew.

For the flight


Bike, the box is missing a few straps from all the travel


The only thing I wish was coming along that isn't already packed is Kainoa. Suppose I'll have to go get that medal all by myself. This trip worked out perfect as he is at his dads for the week, I'm sure if I didn't tell him he wouldn't even know I'm off the island for a race. Time to focus...
"We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot


Aloha ahiahi,


Bree




10 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

GOOOOOO Bree! Get that medal for Kainoa! :) And no worries, I'm sure you'll be swim/bike/running so fast you won't have time to be cold! Cheering for you! :)

July 5, 2011 at 10:26 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Have a speedy race in Portland, Bree! Bring home some goodies for Kainoa.

Wish I could be there to race with ya.

July 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

 
Blogger Tiffcincy said...

Very excited to hear that you are racing Rev 3 Cedar Point. Seriously entertaining the idea of doing the 70.3 with two of my favs racing.
My BF "boyfriend" raced the full last year and it is one of my favorite spectating races, more than Lake Placid and Louisville. Plus you get the enjoy some amazing rides ie. "The Dagster". If Bryan and I do sign up I look forward to cheering you on. Not looking forward to a cold swim in the lake:(

July 6, 2011 at 4:23 AM

 
Blogger Tiffcincy said...

Oh and if you can bring Kainoa. I am sure he would have fun at the park. Happy Racing and good luck at Portland!

July 6, 2011 at 4:25 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Happy Racing! Best of Luck! Just incase I don't back here before Sunday! All the best :)

July 6, 2011 at 5:43 AM

 
Blogger Lisa Graham said...

Have a fantastic race this weekend girl! I'll be cheering for you from Canada!!

July 6, 2011 at 6:00 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

By now you're on your way to Portland and seeing your pics of your packing made me laugh because I've just arrived from IM Austria (you'd love this one, the lake is warmed up by a thermal spring and it looks like the pacific ocean but with no dolphins/sharks/turtles) and had to unpack my stuff and I'm not a light traveller! My bike box also lost part of it's handle....but that's what's inside our boxes that counts right? :-)
Have a great race and just layer your summer gear to survive the weather up there.

July 6, 2011 at 9:13 AM

 
Blogger Chloe said...

Good luck in Portland! It's such an awesome city - you'll have a great time!

July 6, 2011 at 3:10 PM

 
Blogger Ange said...

Good luck Bree!!! Hope it's a great race!

July 6, 2011 at 3:44 PM

 
Blogger marian said...

have a fantastic race! i will be volunteering at the finish line. see you there!

July 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home