Aloha!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Run Recovery....

Tonight the island was given an unreal sunset, again. A friend took a picture of it and said, "If we don't appreciate our surroundings then maybe we don't deserve to live here". He was born and raised in this paradise and has never let a day pass without appreciating all of those sunsets. I agreed with all my heart. In that same moment another friend mentioned how she is ignoring me because I keep posting the same photos on FB and BLOG. My apologies to those that check in on both. Most my ramblings are for my family, friends, supporters as I go about my tri-life here and there, they don't all have FB. So, to both the photos will go. And to think there is tweet and twitter and twinkle and track and twitch, now how can anyone have that many things without things being repeated?! No, I have none of those, 2 social thingys are plenty for this girl...
.
Back to this post. Today I ran, hard. It left me dizzy, hungry, and happy. I love runs like that, wish they happened more than they do, guaranteed I'd appreciate them repeating over and over in my life the same way every sunset still sets me off good. With every run that takes your breath away, robs your leg strength, and challenges the mind a little recovery is a must. I landed at the tide pools with my little sis and our sons, call it appreciating where I live.








A little over 2 weeks till Philippines 70.3. I'm very excited as the Philippines are so special to me and I made a lot of friends on my last trip that I look forward to racing with again. Today the last minute details were strung together. Training is moving along pretty good and Kainoa is being a trooper! In fact, today he asked to run with me tomorrow. Talk about music to my ears, "Mom lets both run together tomorrow, I want to run with you". That can be arranged :)


Another run and recovery are waiting for me first thing in the morning, Good night!


Bree




3 Comments:

Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Yes, the pictures make me really jealous of the paradise you live in. No, you should not quit posting them.

July 27, 2011 at 2:05 AM

 
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

I follow you on both FB and your blog Bree, keep posting the same pictures, they are like eye candy to me! I absolutely love Hawaii and hope for my 60 birthday to do Lava Man (maybe a little lofty in the dream department seeing that I'm doing my first ever Half Iron distance on September 3rd).

Between you and Shirley, you both inspire me to enjoy life as it is and appreciate every single day no matter where we are! Thanks!!!

July 27, 2011 at 2:31 AM

 
Blogger Patricia said...

Keep your blog and pictures I like them a lot. I live in Puerto Rico, 15 minutes aways from the beach and every time I see your pictures it makes me realize, how many sunsets and days passed me by, without me noticing them or going to the beach. Keep reminding us the important things in life - nature and family.

July 27, 2011 at 11:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home