Aloha!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Holoholo...

Holoholo: To run around for fun. My run wasn't exactly without purpose or just for fun. However it was fun, mostly because of where I ran and the simple fact I love to run. It was also due heavily per coaches instructions, "Don't overdo it!" It's music to my ears when given run instructions to "enjoy the run, to pace it smooth, to build endurance or fitness". That usually means I can run on a trail or a place where a HR monitor, Garmin, or clock has little value to me. .
The beauty of a trail excites me, not just the unpaved path, but feeling other leg muscles and having to rely on balance, not just one foot in front of the other. After nearly 2 hours of sand, dirt, rocks, coral, lava, and ankle deep water my legs felt happy. Covered in sand and the minor stumbles, it was a very good holoholo...


The run starts easy, slightly down hill towards the beach on dirt and tiny rocks. From there it lands along untouched lava rocks and a surface that keeps most traffic out. Unless you have big tires on your truck, running is the only way in from here on out...


After the old lava rocks and salt n' pepper coral path, you land among sands of white. There is an option up and over the hills or just along the waters edge. I went out one way and back the other. The legs were loving the challenge and the change.


Just before sunset a view such as this awaits. Thankfully the run was a cruisy run that allowed for a quick picture, infact, I took them while running! It definitely helped the, "Don't overdo it" part of today's run.


More of the run, excuse the crooked photo, no stopping for this one either...run and snap!


Okay here was a mini, "I am thankful for my run" stop. All of 10 seconds, then back on the trail.


The sun was about to set, here I was knowing that the darkness would cover my path if I didn't venture back soon. Perhaps I need a 3hr run to take in more of this trail?? Next long holoholo you can find me here.





“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.” -Frank Clark





Finally, Kainoa's kite flying hill. Off in the distance stood tall, a hill I love. It's where we capture some of the most amazing sunsets. From the salt n' pepper coral trail I ran to the hill, then up and over.

Almost to the top, from there you can see most the coastline covered in pinks, oranges, and a ball of fire on the water.





Running to a sunset...





Run Happy,



Bree





4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I love holoholo! How funny, one of your hills looks exactly like parliament hill in hampstead heath but with a totaly different scenery around it, i.e. no beach

August 21, 2011 at 11:19 PM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

So beautiful Chica! Always such fabulous pics of your beautiful island:) You look at peace in these pics too.

August 22, 2011 at 7:37 AM

 
Blogger And Miles 2 Go said...

Holoholo. Needs to be a T-shirt. Or a tattoo. :) Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, Bree.

August 27, 2011 at 3:43 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Such beautiful pics! Sounds like a perfect run, love it!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

August 28, 2011 at 7:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home