Aloha!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Philippines...

ALOHA Friday in the Philippines today, back home it's bed time Thursday. Getting here felt pretty smooth despite 2 airports in Hawaii and another 2 in the Philippines, plus a night stay in Manilla before finally landing here in Cam Sur. It's so very true, some of the best things in life are worth the wait. Feels so good be be here. The Philippines are home to some of the most beautiful people anywhere on Earth and the tiny towns we get to ride bike through sure make this place worth the flying and waiting time...
.
When I'm far from home in places such as this I have to remind myself to soak it all up, to really cherish it and give it my total focus. In my mind I take snapshots of each view, all the people I meet, the excitement of every start line and the thrill of running through every finish line. Depsite the horrendous homesickness I battle missing Kainoa, I know this part of my life, my career in sport won't last last forever, its now or never to really embrace it, making it worth even more than I imagine.
.
It's really hard to believe tomorrow is already the "day before the race". I seriously just got here! This morning was a short run on the hotel treadmill since running through Manilla at 4:45am was not exactly smart for a girl like me. I really want to ride, but that's tomorrow as my bike is in a few pieces at the moment. For now it's more chilling out in these cute little log cabins they put us in. I'll snap you a photo of it sooner than later.
.
And now it begins the "pre race adventures". Time to check in, get bags situated, get myself to the press conference, and of course get my bike set to ride n' race! Thanks for reading!
.
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Have an awesome day and race with HEART Bree!! We're praying for you!

August 12, 2011 at 3:46 AM

 
Blogger kakes773 said...

Go Bree! I'll be following your race (and my parents') and know you'll do awesome!

August 12, 2011 at 4:08 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Best of luck Bree! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a safe and successful day! Kyle says God like it when we pray for what we want - and even success - if that's his will! You'll be back in the arms of your little man soon! Go FOR IT!

August 12, 2011 at 6:23 AM

 
Blogger marian said...

go bree go!!

August 12, 2011 at 1:24 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm reading this post race so already know the outcome. Just googled camsur as i had no idea of where it was in the Philipines.

August 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home